This Vegan Pumpkin Mousse is incredible! It’s unbelievably easy to make. All you need is a few simple ingredients and a blender. This recipe only takes 5 minutes to make and makes for a great snack and dessert. It’s so easy to whip up for any occasion. This recipe is so good, you’ll want to make it year-round.
What Makes This Recipe So Good?
- If you love pumpkin, like me, this will be your new favorite dessert. It is just oh so smooth and creamy without any dairy, of course!
- Is it ever too early for pumpkin? No one is judging you if you want this in the middle of summer. This recipe only requires 5 minutes of hands-on time.
- We love making this treat for snacks and dessert, kids love it too!
- This recipe is naturally Whole30 friendly, vegan, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, flourless, paleo, soy free, and refined sugar free. With a few tweaks this recipe can be made nut free and autoimmune protocol friendly too (AIP.)
- This recipe was inspired by my vegan pumpkin cheesecakes (one of my favorites.) I wanted another dessert recipe on my blog with pumpkin but also having the nut free option.
- If you live in the Pittsburgh area, check out my weekly meal prep menu for some seasonal treats too.
- Coconut yogurt– My favorite brand is Cocoyo. This makes the mousse light and fluffy but still so rich. You can for sure make your own homemade yogurt or you can use store bought. I like to point out that a lot of store bought brands have additives in them so be sure to read the label. I have found the cocoyo brand.
- Pumpkin puree- I love to buy my pumpkin puree from Whole Foods. Trader Joe’s also has it too. Just an FYI they always sell out of it every single season! That said, I always like to buy a case of it at the beginning of the season to ensure it will last.
- Maple syrup- A little added sweetness. Make sure you use a pure maple syrup, with no additives. I use Costco’s Kirkland brand.
- Pumpkin pie spice- The best blend of fall spices. If you are doing the autoimmune protocol you can skip this and just use cinnamon instead.
- Vanilla extract & Sea salt– Enhances all the flavors. Skip the vanilla if you are doing AIP.
- Almond butter-I like the Costco brand, but any kind will work. It adds a creaminess and a subtle nuttiness. If you are nut free or are doing the autoimmune protocol you can use my homemade Tigernut Butter instead. Despite the name, tigernut butter is actually nut free!
How To Make
- Add all ingredients to the blender.
- Blend on medium-high speed until smooth. Be sure to stop and stir as necessary. Do not over blend or it will become too thin.
- Serve immediately or chill for 2-3 hours. This will create a thicker texture!
Vegan Pumpkin Mousse FAQ’s
How Do I Store This?
- Refrigerated in an airtight container.
How Long Does Homemade Mousse last?
- This dairy free pumpkin mousse will last for up to a week in the fridge.
What Kind Of Blender Do You Use?
- I have had this Ninja Blender for years and absolutely love it! I have had it for over a decade now. I love that I can just rinse it and throw it in the dishwasher to clean.
What Is Mousse?
- Mousse is a soft food that incorporates air bubbles to give it a light, airy texture. Mousse can be light and fluffy OR creamy and thick. This varies based on preparation technique and ingredients.
What Can I Pair This With?
- I love serving this with homemade whipped cream or even chocolate chips or cinnamon on top!
- If you over blend and it becomes too thin, add almond butter. Chilling before serving will also allow the mousse to become thicker.
If you like this recipe, you will LOVE my other paleo pumpkin recipes
- Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal Bars
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Cookies
- Paleo Pumpkin Cheesecake Jars
- Pumpkin Spice Smoothie
- Flourless Pumpkin Muffins
Vegan Pumpkin Mousse
- Add all ingredients to the blender.
- Blend on medium-high speed until smooth. Do not over blend or it will become too thin.
- Serve immediately or chill for 2-3 hours for a thicker texture. If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.xoxo-Allianna