7 Layer Paleo Vanilla Cake
- 8 inch non-stick pan
- Hand mixer
- hand processor
For the cake ( Multiply ingredients by the layer)
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
For the Frosting
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla
- 1 cup arrowroot powder or tapioca flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup palm oil shortening
For the cake
- Place all the cake ingredients into a bowl and use a hand mixer to mix throughout.
- Spray the nonstick pan. Pour half the batter into the pan and bake for 30 minutes OR until it passes the fork trick ( dip the fork in the cake and if it comes without any batter attached, it is done.)
- Let the cake sit for 10 minutes and then flip upside down. The cake should fall out. Wipe the pan of any excess crumbs . Wipe the pan with oil of choice again and repeat baking steps.
- Once both the cakes are cooled, add frosting to the top of one cake, stack the second cake and add frosting to the top and sides. (Pro tip : use round turn table and frosting tool to help )
- be sure to put a piece of cardboard on the bottom to allow for easy transfers of the cake. This cake stores for up to 5 days in the fridge.
For the frosting
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix with a hand mixer until the frosting consistency forms.