These Vegan Chocolate Covered Strawberries are so stinkin’ good and easy to make! You can have this homemade dairy free dessert on the table in less than 10 minutes.
What Makes Vegan Chocolate Covered Strawberries So Good?
- First off, this dairy free chocolate sauce is so silky and so good!
- Secondly, the sea salt combined with the creamy and silky chocolate makes for a nice sweet and salty snack.
Dairy Free Chocolate Covered Strawberry Ingredients:
- Strawberries-Make sure they are fresh, frozen ones won’t work. They will become mushy if you use frozen.
- Dairy free chocolate-I love the Enjoy Life brand of chocolate. It is naturally allergy friendly too so there isn’t any soy in it either.
- Sea salt-This is totally optional but in my opinion it is a must! It gives these gluten free chocolate covered strawberries a sweet yet salty taste.
How To Make:
- First, take a piece of wax paper and lay it out on a sheet pan.
- Next, place your chocolate in a bowl in the microwave for 30 seconds. Once the 30 seconds is up whisk the chocolate really well! This is important do NOT skip the whisking step.
- Now, repeat the step above for a total of 3 times in the microwave and 3 different whisking periods.
- Once the chocolate is nice and smooth, dip your strawberries in the chocolate and lay out on the wax paper covered sheet pan. Sprinkle it with optional sea salt on top. If you are not going to eat the strawberries right away, you can place them in the fridge to set and hold up!
How Do I Prevent Dairy Free Chocolate Sauce From Burning?
- The key is slow cooking it in the microwave and whisking it in between! This helps the chocolate melt tremendously. If you do not whisk it, it will burn! If you do burn it the only real way of fixing it is by starting over. This is why I suggest microwaving it in increments so that it melts slowly!
Can I Freeze Chocolate Covered Strawberries?
- No! If you freeze them, the strawberries will become rock solid. I do not suggest freezing any kind of chocolate covered fruit except bananas! If you want to make these in advance and prep them, place them in the fridge overnight!
If you like this recipe, you will LOVE my other chocolate recipes on my blog:
If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.xoxo-Allianna
Vegan Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- baking sheet
- microwave friendly bowl
- 2 cups dairy free chocolate chips I like the enjoy life brand. Use carob chips for AIP
- 12 washed strawberries
- sea salt to sprinkle, optional
- Add wax paper to a sheet pan. Place the chocolate chips in a small bowl in the microwave for 30 seconds. Then take the chocolate out of the microwave and whisk for 30 seconds. Do this process for a total of 3 times so the chocolate is in the microwave for 1 1/2 minutes but is whisked every 30 seconds. Dip the strawberries in a bowl then add to a sheet pan with wax paper on it. Sprinkle with optional sea salt. If you are not going to eat right away place the strawberries in the fridge to set. If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.xoxo-Allianna