My go to gluten free edible cookie dough is literally to die for. It is so simple and naturally dairy free. The coconut oil combined with the pure maple syrup makes this paleo cookie dough oh so smooth. This recipe only requires 10 minutes of hands on time and is perfect for all of your snacking and dessert needs.
What Do I Need To Make Gluten Free Edible Cookie Dough?
- Almond flour- I like using almond flour for this recipe because it is dense and holds up well. I do not suggest substituting.
- Pure maple syrup-I like the Costco Kirkland brand! It is the good stuff and in my opinion the best bang for your buck.. Make sure whatever brand you buy does not have any filler added ingredients. The maple syrup will act as the blinder in this recipe, so do not skip!
- Coconut oil-The coconut oil makes these paleo edible cookie dough balls oh so smooth.
- Vanilla extract- Adds a nice touch. If you cannot tolerate the alcohol, you can use vanilla powder.
- Sea sat-The combination of salty and sweet, this adds a nice salty touch.
- Dairy free chocolate-I love the enjoy life brand, however, any dairy free brand will work! If you are not dairy free, you can use regular chocolate chips.
How Can I Make Gluten Free Edible Cookie Dough?
- This recipe is simple! It only requires 10 minutes of hands on time, and if you are wanting to roll it into bite size balls it will require 20 minutes of set/ freeze time in the freezer.
- First, place all ingredients in a mixing bowl. If you have a kitchen aid mixer, now is your time to use it! If not, a handheld mixer will do the trick. Mix the ingredients until the dough forms.
- Now, if you want to scoop the dough into balls, place the dough in the freezer for 20 minutes. This will allow the dough to harden.
- Lastly, once the 20 minutes is up, use a 1 inch cookie scoop and scoop the dough into bite size pieces.
- Finally, You can store the dough in an airtight container.
Can I Bake These Cookie Dough Bites?
- No, you cannot. The reason being this recipe does not contain ingredients that assist in the baking process like baking soda.
How Can I Store These?
- If you haven’t caught on by now, I highly suggest storing all of your food in an airtight glass container.
- These bite size desserts will last in the fridge for a week and in the freezer for up to a month.
If you like this recipe, you will LOVE my other paleo treats:
- Dairy & Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies
- Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Paleo Chocolate Chip Muffins
- No Bake Cherry Lime Cheesecake
Join my online community for FREE and get a weekly newsletter from me.
Gluten Free Edible Cookie Dough
- Kitchen aid
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- Cookie scooper
- Place all ingredients in a bowl. You can use a kitchen aid mixer or a handheld mixer. Mix until the dough forms. Then, place the dough in the freezer for 20 minutes (this will allow it to firm up to roll into balls. If you do not want to roll it into balls, skip the last step.
- Take the dough out of the freezer and use a 1 inch scooper. Scoop the dough into small balls. You can store the cookie dough in an air tight container in the freezer for a month.