This pork belly on the grill is the best addition to any recipe! This grilled pork belly is full of flavor, tender, juicy, sweet, and yet it has a nice kick to it!
This recipe was inspired by my husband’s favorite taco joint here in Pittsburgh, Tako! Years ago they made homemade guacamole with fresh pork belly on top, ever since I have been obsessed with pork belly.
Pork Belly On The Grill:
- Pork belly: I like to get this from the butcher at Whole Foods. Cut the long piece of fat off of the one side with a sharp knife. Then, cut the pork belly into 1 inch cubes.
- Paprika-Adds a nice kick!
- Avocado oil-This helps form a marinate for the pork belly.
- Sea salt, garlic powder, onion powder-To flavor.
- Fresh cilantro-This is what makes the guacamole.
- Coconut sugar-optional, to add some sweetness.
How to Make Pork Belly On The Grill:
- First, make sure the long strip of fat is cut off of the pork belly. Preheat the grill to 350 degrees F. Next, using kitchen scissors, cut the pork belly into 1 inch cubes. Add all of the spices and avocado oil to a bowl without the pork belly to marinate. Lastly, place a large piece of foil on the grill and arrange the pork belly into a single layer on the foil. Grill for 20 minutes without opening the lid and then flip and cook for an additional 20 minutes.
What Should I Serve This With?
I could make a page long list of list of things to serve this with, but here are a few of my favorites:
- Whole30 Guacamole
How Do I Know If It Is Done?
- You can always use a meat thermometer to see if it reached 145 degrees F, however they may be a little difficult because the pieces are so small. You could also cut a small piece and examine the middle of it. It should be a light brown color.
If you like this snack, you will LOVE the other snacks on my website:
- Paleo Beet Dip
- Paleo Buffalo Meatballs
- Whole30 Salmon Cakes
- Everything Bagel Seasoned Wings with Garlic Aioli
- Whole30 Buffalo Wings
Hey-you’ve made it this far! If you make this recipe, I would love for you to give it a star ★ rating and review below. Make sure you are following me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook too!
Join my online community for FREE and get a weekly newsletter from me.
Pork Belly On The Grill
- 1 pound pork belly
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar Totally optional, omit for whole30.
- 2 tbsp Paprika omit for AIP
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat the grill to 350. Add the cubed pork belly, oil and spices to a boil to marinate the pork. Next, lay down a large piece of foil on the grill and arrange the pork in a single layer. Do not open the grill for 20 minutes. Open the grill once the 20 minutes is up, and flip the pork and cook for an additional 20 minutes. Remove from the grill and serve.
- If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.
This pork belly is so good and full of flavor! Perfect for a summer grill out
Allianna Moximchalk says
Pork belly is a great addition to any meal! Thanks for reviewing