These keto crab cakes made with old bay seasoning and buffalo sauce have a nice kick. The creamy garlic aioli combined with the old bay is oh so delicious. This recipe makes for a great summer dinner or appetizer.
For the keto crab cakes-
- Lump crab meat-You can get this in the seafood section of your grocery store.
- Almond flour-This helps hold all of the ingredients together. I do not suggest using another kind of binder as I have not tested it out.
- Chopped celery-This gives these salmon cakes a nice crunch.
- Purple onions-Add to the flavor and add a nice crunch, if you are not an onion person skip the onions and double the celery for the crunch.
- Buffalo sauce-Adds a nice kick!
- New bae seasoning-This is the paleo version of old bay. You can use the regular old bay version as well.
- Garlic-Garlic always enhances the flavor!
- Avocado mayo-This adds a layer of creaminess!
For the garlic aioli-
- Avocado mayo-The keto version of mayo. It is loaded with healthy fats.
- Garlic-To give it the garlic flavor.
- Lemon juice-To add a touch of citrus.
- Dijon mustard-To pull all of the flavors together.
How to make the keto crab cakes:
- First, place all ingredients in a bowl and mix. Preheat the oven to 350.
- Spray a nonstick baking sheet with avocado oil.
- Next, take a large cookie scoop and scoop the crab mixture onto a non-stick baking sheet. Bake the crab cakes for 20 minutes. Once the 20 minutes is up let the crab cakes sit for 10 minutes prior to moving. While the crab cakes are baking, make the aioli sauce.
How to make the garlic aioli:
- Place all ingredients in the bowl and mix.
How to serve them:
- I love serving the crab cakes with over greens as a salad. They also go great with my bacon wrapped asparagus.
If you like this recipe, you will LOVE my other low carb snack recipes:
- Whole30 Salmon Cakes
- Buffalo Wild Wings Copycat Wings
- Paleo Buffalo Wings With Dairy Free Ranch
- Everything Bagel Seasoned Wings With Garlic Aioli
- Pesto Chicken Salad
- Whole30 Pork Belly Guacamole
Join my online community for FREE and get a weekly newsletter from me.
Keto Crab Cakes With Garlic Aioli
- baking sheet
- Large ice cream scooper
For the crab cakes:
- Preheat the oven to 350. Mix all ingredients (except the spray) together in a bowl. Spray the bottom of a non-stick baking sheet with the avocado oil. Using a large cookie scooper, scoop the crab cakes and release on to the baking sheet. Do this until you are out of the mix. Bake the crab cakes for 20 minutes. Let the crab cakes sit for 10 minutes prior to serving.
For the aioli:
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix.
- If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.