These instant pot pork butt is super simple to make and something the whole family can enjoy! This recipe only requires 5 minutes of hands-on time and is perfect for weeknight dinners when you have little time to prep.
Instant pot pork butt ingredients:
- Pork butt–I prefer bone out but you can for sure cook with the bone it. If you are cooking with the bone in I would cook the pork a little longer-10 more minutes. The cooking time changes when the bone is in because it impacts the meat distribution. I get my pork butt from Butcher Box. They send me a monthly shipment of all of my favorite meats and seafood. If you use my link HERE you can get free bacon for life!
- Honey mustard-I like the Whole Foods 365 brand, but any brand will work! Be sure to check the ingredients on the label.
- Paprika-To give the pork a nice kick. This is optional.
- Bone broth-Liquid is essential when cooking with the instant pot.
How to make instant pot pork butt-
- First, place the honey mustard and paprika in a bowl together and mix.
- Add the bone broth to the pot of the instant pot and then remove any string from the pork and lather the pork in half of the honey mustard sauce.
- Place the pork in the instant pot for 55 minutes on HIGH pressure.
- Once the pork is done, allow the instant pot to manually decompress.
- Remove the pork from the pot and place it in a bowl. Shred with two forks and add the remaining sauce to the bowl.
- Serve with optional sweet potatoes and broccoli.
What kind of instant pot do you use?
- I have this one and LOVE it. It has multiple functions therefore you can use it for multiple things! It functions as a crockpot, air fryer and so much more.
What should I serve honey mustard pulled pork with?
- I love serving this as a bowl with sweet potatoes and roasted broccoli.
Chef’s tips for pork shoulder in the instant pot:
- If you do not have honey mustard you can mix dijon mustard with honey to make your own homemade honey mustard!
If you like this recipe, you will LOVE my other pork recipes:
- Paleo pork tenderloin with sweet chimichurri
- Pork belly on the grill
- Whole30 pork tenderloin with herb crust
- Paleo swedish meatballs
- Paleo egg roll in a bowl
If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.
Join my online community for FREE and get a weekly newsletter from me.
Instant Pot Pork Butt With Honey Mustard
- Instant Pot
To serve: (OPTIONAL)
- broccoli florets
- sweet potatoes
- Mix together the honey mustard and paprika. Add the bone broth to the bottom of the instant pot. Pour half of the mustard mixture onto the pork and place in the instant pot on HIGH pressure cook for 55 minutes. Allow the instant pot to manually de-pressurize. When it is done, shred the pork with two forks. Serve with optional cauliflower rice, sweet potatoes or broccoli. If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.