These Instant Pot Pork Butt is super simple to make and something the whole family can enjoy! This recipe only requires 5 minutes of hands-on time and is perfect for weeknight dinners when you have little time to prep. This dish is flavorful without a ton of ingredients!
This dish is a great addition to dinner party as well as weeknight dinner. It is versatile and pairs great with many sides.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- It is so simple! It involves only about 5 minutes of hands on time.
- Kids will love this dish.
- This recipe is naturally gluten free, dairy free, nut free, soy free, and paleo.
- This dish only requires 4 ingredients!
- I love to pair this dish with my go to broccoli and sweet potato recipes.
- This is a great recipe to make to meal prep for your week ahead.
- Pork butt–I prefer bone out but you can for sure cook with the bone it. If you are cooking with the bone in I would cook the pork a little longer-10 more minutes. The cooking time changes when the bone is in because it impacts the meat distribution. I get my pork butt from Butcher Box. They send me a monthly shipment of all of my favorite meats and seafood. If you use my link HERE you can get free bacon for life!
- Honey mustard-I like the Whole Foods 365 brand, but any brand will work! Be sure to check the ingredients on the label.
- Paprika-To give the pork a nice kick. This is optional.
- Bone broth-Liquid is essential when cooking with the instant pot.
See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
Substitutions and Variations
- This recipe is very versatile and can pair well with any side dish of your choice.
- Paprika is optional but will add a nice kick to the pork.
- The type of bone broth is your choice, I prefer to use chicken with this dish.
This recipe has not been tested with other substitutions or variations. If you replace or add any ingredients, please let us know how it turns out in the comments below.
Step by Step Instructions
- Tip # 1: If you get a bone in pork butt your cook time will need to be longer.
- Tip # 2: The internal cooking temperature of pork should be 145 degrees F. I would check the temperature of the pork with a meat thermometer before shredding.
- Tip # 3: If you can’t find honey mustard in your store, you can mix dijon mustard and honey to get the same flavor.
I have this one and LOVE it. It has multiple functions therefore you can use it for multiple things! It functions as a crockpot, air fryer, and so much more.
I love serving this as a bowl with sweet potatoes and roasted broccoli.
You can reheat this dish at 350 degrees F in the oven for 5-10 minutes or until heated through.
Yes! I would recommend flattening it prior to freezing. When you thaw you may need to add more honey mustard to the pork.
- This recipe can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days in an air tight container.
Other Healthy Pork Recipes You Will Love
Are you interested in a guide of my go to healthy alternatives?
Download your FREE guide below
Instant Pot Pork Butt With Honey Mustard
- Instant Pot
To serve: (OPTIONAL)
- broccoli florets
- sweet potatoes
- Mix together the honey mustard and paprika. Add the bone broth to the bottom of the instant pot. Pour half of the mustard mixture onto the pork and place in the instant pot on HIGH pressure cook for 55 minutes. Allow the instant pot to manually de-pressurize. When it is done, shred the pork with two forks and mix in the rest of the honey mustard mixture. Serve with optional cauliflower rice, sweet potatoes or broccoli.