This keto turkey meatloaf is super simple to make, full of flavor and something the whole family can enjoy! This recipe is loaded with hidden vegetables, can be made egg free and only takes 15 minutes to prep. In my house we love batch cooking this gluten free meatloaf to have dinner ready to go for the nights we are in a rush!
Keto turkey meatloaf ingredients:
- Ground turkey-I love getting all of my proteins from Butcher Box! Every month Butcher Box sends me a big box of all of my favorite proteins: fish, beef, seafood, turkey and chicken! I love it because I always have a stock of something in the freezer that can easily be thrown in. If you use my link HERE you can get a major discount with your monthly shipment!
- Onion-To taste, I like red onion because it gives off a more savory flavor but you could also do yellow onion. Chop up the onions real fine.
- Garlic-For flavor. Make sure it is minced!
- Greens-You can use spinach or any kind of greens that you may have on hand! This is a great way to get your added veggies in.
- Ghee-To saute the greens, onions and garlic.
- Eggs-To hold everything together.
- Almond flour-To help as a binder. If you are doing the autoimmune protocol you can use cassava flour.
- Paprika, dill & mustard-To taste.
For the keto ranch (optional):
- Avocado mayo-This is a staple in my house. It is loaded with healthy fats in comparison to regular mayo. If you are doing the autoimmune protocol, you can substitute this for purred artichokes.
- Dill, oregano, onion & garlic powder-To taste.
How to make low carb turkey meatloaf:
- First, preheat the oven to 350 and add the ghee to the pan on medium heat and get the pan nice and hot. Add in the onion, garlic, and chopped up greens. Now, saute until the greens are wilted and the onions and garlic are fragrant.
- Now, mix all ingredients in a bowl. Make sure it is mixed throughout.
- Next, grab a baking sheet and lay down wax paper, form the meatloaf in the shape of a meatloaf then roll it in the wax paper to help get any air bubbles out. This will not only help the air bubbles get out but it will also help the meatloaf look more uniform!
- Add the meatloaf to the middle of the baking sheet and bake for 1 hour or until the internal temperature is 165 degrees F.
Can this turkey meatloaf be made without eggs?
- Absolutely! If you are egg free or following the autoimmune protocol (AIP) you can skip the eggs, but the meatloaf probably will not stick as well. I suggest substituting the eggs for gelatin eggs.
How can this meatloaf be autoimmune protocol friendly?
- You can substitute the almond flour for cassava flour, omit the eggs, mustard, and paprika.
How should I reheat this Whole30 turkey meatloaf?
- I like to reheat it in the oven! Preheat the oven to 350 and bake for 5-10 minutes.
What should I serve with this paleo turkey meatloaf?
- Anything! You could make my: bacon brussel sprouts, air fryer green beans, green bean casserole or sauteed kale.
If you like this recipe, you will LOVE:
- Deconstructed burger bowls
- AIP Boneless Turkey Breast
- Blueberry Maple Turkey Breakfast Sausage
- Paleo Pizza Casserole
Keto Turkey Meatloaf
To serve: (optional)
- bacon bits
Dairy free ranch: (optional)
- 2 cups avocado mayo sub 2 cups pureed canned artichokes
- 1 tbsp dried dill
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350. Place the ghee in a medium size pan on medium heat. Add the chopped spinach, onions and garlic to the pan and sautee until the spinach is wilted. Place the remaining ingredients in a box and mix until mixed throughout. Add a place of wax paper to a baking sheet and transfer the meatloaf mixer. Place the mixture in the middle of the sheet and roll the sheet into a log looking meatloaf-this will prevent any air bubbles and make it prettier! Place the meatloaf in the center of the baking sheet and bake for one hour.
For the ranch:
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl until smooth.If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.