This dairy free green bean casserole is super simple to make, full of flavor and something the whole family will love! The crunchy pork rinds on top are what makes this recipe. You can have this paleo thanksgiving side dish on the table in no time.
Ingredients for dairy free gluten free green bean casserole:
- Green beans-I like the french ones. You do not need to cut off the ends but you can if you would prefer.
- Bone broth-Adds in added nutrients as well as helps cooks the green beans! I like this brand. Use the code ALLIANNASKITCHEN to save 20% on your first order.
- Ghee-To saute the onions and garlic in. If you do not tolerate ghee you can use vegan butter.
- Arrowroot powder-This is what thickens the mixture, you can substitute with tapioca flour.
- Coconut milk-You can use almond milk if you would like.
- Garlic-For flavor.
- Yellow onion-To add more flavor.
- Pork rinds-This is what we will use to make it crunchy on top.
- OPTIONAL:-Mushrooms-I like white mushroom caps but any will work.
How to make:
- First, preheat the oven to 350.
- Then, add the ghee to the stovetop and with the chopped onions and garlic. Saute until fragrant.
- Now, add in the bone broth, coconut milk and arrowroot. Whisk continuously so the arrowroot does not clump. Whisk for 2 minutes.
- Then, add the green beans to a casserole dish, and pour the mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Once the 25 minutes is up, crumble the pork rinds on top and bake for an additional 5 minutes to get them crispy.
How can I prepare this AIP green bean casserole beforehand?
- You can prepare the creamy mixture beforehand and combine it with green beans in a casserole dish. Cover the casserole dish with foil and allow it to sit out for 15 minutes prior to baking. If you stick a cold casserole dish in the oven it will break so be sure to let it get to room temperature before placing it in the oven.
Is this green bean casserole whole30 friendly?
- Yes! It for sure is.
How can I reheat this?
- I suggest reheating it in the oven at 350 for 5-10 minutes. I like to add more pork rinds on top when I reheat it.
What should I serve with this gluten free dairy free green bean casserole?
- Maple roasted turkey breast
- Paleo chicken piccata
- Honey lemon garlic chicken drumsticks
- Oven roasted whole chicken
If you like this recipe, you will LOVE my other paleo thanksgiving side dishes recipes:
- Lemon dill green beans
- Maple brussel sprouts
- Bacon pomegranate brussel sprouts
- Paleo mac and cheese
- Vegan sweet potato mash
If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.
Dairy Free Green Bean Casserole
- Large casserole dish
For the topping:
- pork rinds crumbled-I like the epic brand.
- Preheat the oven to 350. Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil-blanch the green beans for 6 minutes, then strain them. In a medium size sauce pan, add the ghee, chopped onions, and garlic. Saute until fragrant. Add in the coconut milk & bone broth and mix in the arrowroot-whisk for 2 minutes so the arrowroot does not clump. Now add the green beans and the creamy mixture to the casserole dish. Bake for 25 minutes. Once the 25 minutes is up, crumble the pork rinds on top and bake for an additional 5 minutes to get them crispy.If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.