This Pesto Salmon Recipe is so easy to make and oh so delicious. There is nothing like pesto sauce, the creamy sauce combined with garlic and wild caught salmon is delightful. This recipe only takes 10 minutes to prep and 20 minutes to make which makes it an easy weeknight dinner!
What Makes This Pesto Salmon So Good?
- The flavor in this recipe is unreal! It is so darn good.
- It only takes just a few minutes to make.
- This is a great quick dinner for nights you are in a rush.
- This recipe is paleo, Whole30, low carb, keto, gluten free, dairy free, and even AIP friendly (if you omit the nuts.)
- You can make this salmon dish with either store bought or fresh pesto. My favorite is making it with my own homemade pesto recipe.
- If you like this salmon recipe, you will love my other salmon recipes: Maple Crusted Salmon, Whole30 Salmon Cakes, and Honey Sriracha Salmon.
- This recipe is perfect for meal prep!
- Salmon filets-I love using Butcher Box. If you use my link you can get a free gift with every order. I love using Butcher Box. Every month they send me a monthly supply of all of my favorite proteins. Everything is the highest quality. I love having their stuff on hand as a quick dinner option.
- Sea salt & garlic powder-For flavor.
- Pesto-You can buy store bought if you want to save 5 minutes or you can whip up my homemade pesto recipe! I am obsessed with the homemade kind. It is so dang good!
For homemade pesto:
- Basil-The fresher the better!
- Pine nuts-This will give the pesto that nutty flavor. While you can use any kind of nut, pine nuts are my favorite.
- Lemon juice-To add some acid.
- Nutritional yeast-This gives the pesto the cheesy flavor. If you eat dairy, you can use parmesan cheese but since I am dairy free I love nutritional yeast.
- Garlic-For flavor.
- Olive oil-My go to oil for fresh pesto. In my opinion it has the best flavor profile.
How To Bake:
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Now, if you are making the fresh pesto, place all ingredients into the food processor and blend until smooth. If you are using store-bought, skip this step.
- Place the salmon filets into a casserole dish and sprinkle with salt and garlic powder.
- Now drizzle the salmon on top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes depending on how well done you like your salmon.
How Should I Reheat This?
- I love reheating salmon in the air fryer. I have had this air fryer for years and love it!
How Long Does Salmon Last In The Fridge?
- I suggest keeping salmon in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Can I Grill The Salmon?
- Yes! I would grill at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes.
What Goes Well With This Dish?
- I love eating pesto salmon with fresh vegetables!
If you like this recipe, you will love:
If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.xoxo-Allianna
Join my online community for FREE and get a weekly newsletter from me.
- Casserole dish
- Food processor If you are making your own pesto
For the salmon:
- 3 6 ounce salmon filets I love getting mine from butcher box!
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup pesto see below recipe for homemade pesto
- Preheat the oven to 350. If you are making your own pesto, place all ingredients in the food processor and blend until smooth. If you are using store bought-skip. Lay out the salmon on a baking dish and sprinkle with garlic powder and sea salt. Then, drizzle the pesto on top. Bake for 15-20 minutes depending on how well done you like your salmon. I like to save some extra sauce to dip in on the side. If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.xoxo-Allianna