Cooking Frozen Cod In The Air Fryer is one of the easiest ways to do it! The best part is you do not have to wait for the cod to defrost, yet the fish comes out crispy on the outside and nice and juicy on the inside. This recipe only takes 5 minutes to prep and 15 minutes to make.
What Makes This Recipe So Good?
- First off, it is super simple, only requiring a few minutes of hands-on time.
- Secondly, it doesn’t require you to defrost your fish which saves so much time! You can just grab your cod from the freezer and cook it right away.
- I get Butcher Box every month. They send me a monthly box of all of my favorite seafoods and meats. It is the highest quality of stuff. Their fish is one of my favorite things in the box! If you use my Butcher Box link, you can save on your order every month.
- This recipe is great during lent.
- One of my favorite ways to cook cod is in the air fryer because it gets crispy on the outside, yet it is nice and juicy on the inside.
- This recipe is a great weeknight dinner!
- I also love prepping this recipe for meal prep during the week.
- This recipe is naturally Keto, low carb, AIP, autoimmune protocol, Whole30 and paleo friendly.
- Frozen cod–I love getting my cod from Butcher Box. They send me a monthly supply of all of my favorite meats and seafood right to my door. I love keeping a stash of their stuff frozen in my freezer so I can just grab it and use it! I never have to worry about not having food in the house or worrying if my meat is going to go bad in the fridge.
- Lemon juice-Adds so much flavor.
- Salt & pepper-To taste.
- Avocado oil-My go to cooking oil, but any kind will work.
- Cooking oil spray-I like using the avocado oil spray from Costco! But any kind of cooking oil spray will work.
How To Make:
- First, spray your air fryer frying rack! This is essential or the cod will stick to the rack. If you do not have your air fryer rack, that is ok, just skip this and make sure you spray the bottom of the air fryer insert to prevent any sticking.
- Next, add the cod to the air fryer and drizzle the cooking oil on top.
- Sprinkle it with salt and pepper.
- Bake the cod at 350 degrees F for 7 minutes, then flip the cod and spray with cooking spray oil and bake for an additional 7 minutes.
- Once the cod is done, drizzle with lemon juice on top.
What Is Cod?
- Cod is a saltwater fish. I love cod because it is a light and flakey fish. It just melts in your mouth!
What Should I Serve With This?
- I love eating my cod with fresh mixed greens or coleslaw. My Creamy Coleslaw Recipe is delicious and would go great with this recipe!
Can I Make Just One Cod Filet?
- Absolutely! You would just split the oil and lemon juice amount in half.
What Air Fryer Do You Suggest?
- I have this 11 in 1 Ninja Air Fryer and LOVE it! It has 11 different functions yet it only takes up one spot on the counter.
- To reheat your cod, I highly suggest reheating in the air fryer at 350 for 5-10 minutes.
- To prevent drying out of the fish, make sure you really lather it in oil or you can even use butter or ghee. I love to make my own homemade ghee.
If you like this recipe, you will LOVE my other fish recipes:
- Easy Blackened Cod
- Lemon Garlic Butter Sheet Pan Shrimp Scampi
- Maple Crusted Salmon
- Pan Seared Chilean Sea Bass
If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.xoxo-Allianna
Easy Frozen Cod In The Air Fryer
- Spray the metal rack of the air fryer with your cooking spray oil. Place your metal rack in the air fryer. Add the cod to the rack in the air fryer. Drizzle the cooking oil on top of the cod and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake the cod at 350 for 7 minutes, then flip the cod, spray the other side and cook for an additional 7 minutes. Once the cod is done, drizzle with lemon juice on top. If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.xoxo-Allianna