This maple crusted salmon is seriously to die for! The warm maple syrup combined with the paprika and crunchy nuts is delicious. This paleo salmon recipe makes for a perfect weeknight dinner and is something the whole family can enjoy! This recipe only takes 10 minutes to prepare.
Maple crusted salmon ingredients:
- Wild caught salmon–I get all of our favorite fishes and proteins delivered to us monthly from Butcher Box! They have the best quality stuff and I love having a stash in the freezer. You can use my code HERE and get a free surprise in your box every month!
- Maple syrup-I love the Kirkland brand. It is pure maple syrup without any funny ingredients!
- Coconut aminos-I love the Trader Joe’s brand, this is my go to gluten and soy free alternative for soy sauce.
- Paprika & smoked chipotle powder-To give this salmon a kick!
- Apple cider vinegar-This compliments the maple syrup so nicely!
- Sea salt-To taste.
- Walnuts-To give this salmon a nice crust, if you are doing the autoimmune protocol, you can use crushed tigernuts!
How to make this paleo salmon dish:
- First, preheat the oven to 350.
- Next, crush up the nuts-you can do this with a knife or put them in the food processor.
- Now, cut up the salmon into 4 portions.
- Then, place all ingredients aside from the salmon in a bowl and mix together.
- Add the salmon to a baking sheet and pour the salmon mixture over top of the salmon.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
How can I make this AIP friendly?
- You can use tiger nuts in place of walnuts for the nut crust! In the blog post HERE i write about why and how tiger nuts are actually nut free and a great AIP alternative. For the spices, omit the chipotle powder and paprika to make this dish elimination phase AIP compliant.
How should I reheat salmon?
- I suggest reheating the salmon in the oven, air fryer or toaster oven on 350 for 5-10 minutes.
What should I serve this with?
If you like this salmon recipe, you will LOVE my other salmon recipes:
- Whole30 salmon cakes with dill aioli
- Honey sriracha salmon
- Herb crusted salmon
- Shredded lemon dill salmon salad
If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.
Join my online community for FREE and get a weekly newsletter from me.
Maple Crusted Salmon
- 1 cup walnuts chopped finely, sub chopped tigernuts for nut free version-can use a food processor for this
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp paprika omit for AIP
- 1/2 tsp smoked chipotle powder omit for AIP
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1.5 pounds salmon I love Butcher Box, use my link for free meat!
- Preheat the oven to 350. Cut the salmon into 4 portions. Mix all ingredients in a bowl aside from the salmon. Lay the salmon on a baking sheet and pour the mixture overtop. Bake for 20 minutes. If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.