This Easy Blackened Cod Recipe is quite delightful. The buttery cod combined with the cajun spices is delicious! This quick and easy fish recipe only takes 5 minutes to prep and 10 minutes to make which makes it a great weeknight dinner option.
What Makes This Recipe So Good?
- First off, it is SO easy to make!
- Secondly, the pan seared cod literally melts in your mouth. It is so good.
Blackened Cod Ingredients:
- Cod-I like getting mine from Butcher Box. Every month they send me a monthly supply of all of my favorite proteins-fish, beef, poultry and all I have to do is defrost the night before! I love having their stuff because I know I can count on the great quality and the best best of the best. If you use my link HERE you can get a free gift with every order.
Blackened Cod Seasoning-
Traditional Cajun seasoning has a nice kick and this recipe has just that!
- Salt-This is a must for Cajun seasoning.
- Chili powder & paprika-For a nice kick.
- Garlic powder & oregano-For flavoring.
How To Make Blackened Cod:
- First, dry off your cod with a paper towel. Add some ghee to a pan on medium heat.
- Now, mix up your spices and sprinkle on the cod.
- Next, add the cod to the pan for 5 minutes, then flip and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Finally, remove the cod from the pan.
What Should I Serve This Blackened Cod?
- I love using this recipe to make Blackened Cod Tacos! To make tacos I suggest keeping it simple with just a tortilla, cod, a creamy slaw and some pickled veggies like onions!
- If you are going for an even simpler route, this goes great over creamy slaw.
How Should I Reheat Cod?
- If you are planning on meal prepping cod, I suggest not mixing it with anything. My favorite way to reheat it is by putting it in the air fryer for 5-10 minutes on 350.
- To reheat it on the stovetop, place 1 tsp of oil and pan sear for 2-5 minutes; flipping halfway.
If you like this recipe, you will LOVE my other easy fish recipes on my blog:
- Frozen Shrimp In The Air Fryer
- Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp Sheet Pan Meal
- Maple Crusted Salmon
- Pan Seared Chilean Sea Bass
If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.xoxo-Allianna
- non-stick pan
- 1 pound cod Use my link from Butcher Box to the left and get free meat on your first order!
- 1 tbsp butter or ghee. I prefer grass fed ghee.
For the blackened spice:
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Place the butter or ghee in a non-stick pan on medium heat until melted. Then mix together your spices and sprinkle on the fish. Add the cod to the pan for 5 minutes, then flip and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Serve as is or as a taco!If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.xoxo-Allianna