This pan seared chilean sea bass makes for the most perfect in house date night meal. It is super quick, easy and flavorful. The buttery sea bass combined with the caper ghee shallot sauce is so delicious and it only takes 15 minutes to make.
Pan seared chilean sea bass ingredients:
- Sea bass-Roughly 6 ounces each. Keep in mind that sea bass contains a lot of bones, especially if you are buying it in the filet form. With that said, I have found that I can usually get 1-1.5 servings from a filet that has the bones in it. If you need help removing the bones, I found this video to be extremely helpful.
- Capers-You can totally skip this if you are not a caper fan, but in my opinion this is the best part!
- Lemon juice-Sea bass and lemon is one of my favorite combos.
- Ghee-Ghee is a great alternative for butter. I love ghee! It is naturally dairy free too because all of the milk proteins are removed. You can buy it in the store or make your own with this recipe HERE.
- Shallots-Shallots are a member of the onion family. They can really spice a dish up.
- Fresh chives-To garnish.
How to make:
- First, pat dry the sea bass with paper towels.
- Next, Add the ghee to the pan and add in the diced shallot. Sautee for 2 minutes.
- Now, add the sea bass to the pan. Do not move for 4 minutes. Once the 4 minutes is up, flip and cook for an additional 4 minutes.
- Once the total of 8 minutes is up, remove the sea bass from the pan. Keep in mind sea bass is a very delicate fish so be careful when you flip it.
What should I eat this with?
I like serving this pan seared sea bass with sauteed spinach in ghee and garlic. You can also serve it with:
Can I reheat sea bass?
- You can. Preheat the oven to 300 and bake for 5-10 minutes until warm throughout.
If you like this recipe, you will LOVE:
- Pan seared sea bass with mango pico
- Paleo thai shrimp soup
- Whole30 salmon cakes
- Paleo sheet pan shrimp tacos
- Whole30 buffalo shrimp tacos
- Halibut fish tacos
- Gluten free fried shrimp
- Honey sriracha salmon
- Shrimp fried rice
If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.
Join my online community for FREE and get a weekly newsletter from me.
Pan Seared Chilean Sea Bass In Lemon Caper Sauce
- Non stick, non toxic pan.
- Pat dry the sea bass with a paper towel. Add the ghee to the pan on medium heat, then add the shallots and sautee for 2 minutes. Once the two minutes is up add the sea bass to the pan for 5 minutes. Once the 5 minutes is up, capers and lemon and flip the sea bass to cook for an additional 5 more minutes. Once the total of 10 minutes is up, remove the sea bass from the pan and pour the ghee sauce in the bottom of the pan over top. Top off with fresh chives.