This AIP nomato sauce is super easy to make. The creamy pumpkin combined with the beets, garlic, and onion is delicious! This recipe is naturally autoimmune protocol friendly and nightshade free.
AIP Nomato Sauce Ingredients:
- Beets-Make sure your beets are peeled and cooked. Keep in mind that beets are extremely messy and stained. That said, be careful which surfaces you put the cooked beets on.
- Yellow onion and garlic-For flavor. Make sure the garlic is minced and the onion is chopped.
- Carrots-Ideally orange but any color will work!
- Olive oil-As your base oil. Avocado oil would work, but it may change the flavor profile a bit.
- Apple cider vinegar & lemon juice-To add a citrus touch.
- Water-To help smooth out the sauce.
- Garlic-To taste.
- Ghee or avocado oil-To saute the garlic and onions.
How to make:
- If your carrots and beets are not already made, make them! You can easily cook them on the stovetop. To cook them on the stove, bring the water to a boil, boil the carrots for 7 minutes and the beets for 20-40 minutes depending on how thick your beets are.
- Once the beets are cooled, peel them and chop them up.
- In the meantime, add the ghee or avocado oil to a pan with the minced garlic and onion.
- Now, place all ingredients in the food processor and blend until smooth.
- If the nightshade free red sauce is too thick, add a tbsp of water until the desired consistency is reached.
What kind of blender should I use to make AIP nomato sauce with?
- I love THIS one! I have had it for years and it works so well.
What should I serve this with nomato sauce recipe?
- So many things! The recipe goes great with:
- AIP Chicken parmesan
If you like this recipe, you will LOVE my other AIP sauces:
If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.
AIP Nomato Sauce
- large pot
- high speed blender
- 3 beets peeled, cooked, chopped
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 4 cloves galric minced
- 1.5 cups carrots chopped
- 1.5 cups pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 lemon juiced
- Sautee the onions and garlic in a frying pan until fragrant. Once fragrant, remove from the heat and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes. Then, add all ingredients into the food processor and blend until smooth.If the nightshade free red sauce is too thick, add a tbsp of water until the desired consistency is reached.