This Whole30 shrimp pesto pasta is seriously to die for! It is one of our go-to’s for personal cheffing clients. The fresh basil combined with the nutritional yeast and pine nuts gives this dairy free pesto a creamy and nutty taste. This recipe can be on the table in less than 30 minutes!
What makes this Whole30 shrimp pesto pasta so good?
- For starters, the pasta! Omg, cassava noodles were not around when I first started the paleo protocol and let me tell you they will blow your mind away.
- Nutritional yeast will soon become your best friend after this recipe. It has the ability to really make any dish taste so cheesy.
Key ingredients for Whole30 shrimp pesto pasta:
- Cassava noodles- I am obsessed with the Jovial brand. They are so delicious and honestly most cannot even tell they are gluten free. I love to bulk order their pasta from Thrive Market. They sell healthy key ingredients for a fraction of the cost of the grocery store. If you order from my link HERE you can save on your first order.
- Ghee-My go to cooking fat for making the shrimp.
- Wild caught shrimp-I love to get all of my protein from Butcher Box. They send me a monthly supply of all of my favorite proteins. All I have to do is thaw and cook! If you order from my link HERE you can get free bacon for life
- Garlic-To cook the shrimp in.
- Pine nuts-To give this paleo pesto recipe that nutty taste.
- Fresh basil-I like to get it from my garden. You can use the stems and all. Just make sure you wash it!
- Lemon-Fresh lemon juice makes this recipe, do NOT skip!
- Olive oil-Is the perfect fat for this paleo pesto!
- Nutritional yeast-Gives this homemade pesto its cheesy flavor.
How to make:
- First, follow the instructions on the packaging to make the noodles.
- While the noodles are cooking, throw all of the pesto ingredients in the food processor.
- Next, add the ghee to a pan on medium heat on the stove. Add the minced garlic and shrimp. Pan sear the shrimp for 3 minutes on one side and then flip and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- The best way to reheat this recipe is on the stovetop with 1 tsp of ghee on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- When cooking pasta, the key to making it not stick (especially for cassava noodles) is to add sea salt to the water.
If you like this recipe, you will LOVE my other paleo shrimp recipes:
- Whole30 shrimp scampi
- Paleo shrimp thai soup
- Paleo shrimp sheet pan dinner
- Whole30 buffalo shrimp tacos
- Shrimp fried cauliflower rice
Whole30 Shrimp Pesto Pasta
- frying pan
- Pot for the pasta
For the pesto:
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 4 cloves fresh garlic
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 whole lemon juiced
For the pesto:
- Place all ingredients in the food processor and blend.
For the pasta and shrimp:
- Cook the noodles according to the box instructions. In a separate pan, light the flame to medium heat and add the ghee and garlic. Then add the shrimp and sautee for 4 minutes, then flip and sautee for an additional 4 more minutes.
- Drain the pasta and pour the shrimp and pesto over the pasta. Serve with optional red pepper flakes. If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.