This AIP shrimp pesto pasta makes for the most perfect weeknight meal. The creamy yet tangy pesto sauce combined with the garlic shrimp and cassava pasta noodles is naturally autoimmune protocol friendly and super delicious.
What makes AIP shrimp pesto pasta so good?
- For starters, the pasta! Omg, cassava noodles were not around when I first did the autoimmune protocol and let me tell you they are the most amazing thing ever.
- Nutritional yeast will soon become your best friend after this recipe. It has the ability to really make any dish taste so cheesy.
Key ingredients for AIP shrimp pesto pasta:
- Cassava noodles- I am obsessed with the Jovial brand. They are so delicious and honestly most cannot even tell they are gluten free. I love to bulk order their pasta from Thrive Market. They sell healthy key ingredients for a fraction of the cost of the grocery store. If you order from my link HERE you can save on your first order.
- Ghee-My go to cooking fat for making the shrimp.
- Wild caught shrimp-I love to get all of my protein from Butcher Box. They send me a monthly supply of all of my favorite proteins. All I have to do is thaw and cook! If you order from my link HERE you can get free bacon for life
- Garlic-To cook the shrimp in.
For the AIP pesto:
- Fresh basil-I like to get it from my garden. You can use the stems and all. Just make sure you wash it!
- Garlic-Adds to flavor.
- Lemon-Fresh lemon juice makes this recipe, do NOT skip!
- Olive oil-Is the perfect fat for this paleo pesto!
- Nutritional yeast-Gives this homemade pesto its cheesy flavor!
How to make:
- First, follow the instructions on the packaging to make the noodles.
- While the noodles are cooking, throw all of the pesto ingredients in the food processor.
- Next, add the ghee to a pan on medium heat on the stove. Add the minced garlic and shrimp. Pan sear the shrimp for 3 minutes on one side and then flip and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- The best way to reheat this recipe is on the stovetop with 1 tsp of ghee on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- When cooking pasta, the key to making it not stick (especially for cassava noodles) is to add sea salt to the water.
If you like this recipe, you will LOVE my other AIP recipes:
- Paleo Chicken Parmesan
- Whole30 Thai Shrimp Soup
- Shredded Lamb Bowls
- AIP Fried Shrimp
- Gluten Free Shrimp Scampi
If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.
AIP Shrimp Pesto Pasta
- Large pot for pasta
- Food processor for the pesto
For the pesto:
For the pasta:
- 1 box Jovial cassava noodles
- First, follow the instructions to cook the pasta on the stove top. Next, place the ghee in a pan on medium heat and add the minced garlic and shrimp. Cook for 3 minutes on each side for a total of 6 minutes. While the shrimp is cooking, place the pesto ingredients in the food processor. Once done, combine the shrimp, pesto and noodles. If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.