This whole30 BBQ sauce is super simple to make, full of flavor and naturally sweetened with dates! The dates combined with the apple cider vinegar and garlic powder is oh so delicious. This whole30 sauce can be made in bulk and prepped in advance for meal prep too.
For the whole30 bbq sauce:
- Dates-Dates are what I like to call paleo candy! They are super sweet and will sweeten just about anything. Make sure to remove the pit!
- Apple cider vinegar-To add a nice kick.
- Steak sauce-For flavoring. Use coconut aminos for AIP.
- Tomato paste and sauce-You can use the nomato substitute here to substitute.
- Spices-To taste.
- Dijon mustard-For added flavor. Omit for AIP.
How to make:
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
What kind of food processor do you use?
- I am obsessed with this ONE! I have had it for years and it works and cleans up so well.
What should I serve this with?
- I love using this homemade bbq sauce in my bacon wrapped meatball recipe HERE. You can also serve it with chicken wings, chicken tenders or pulled pork.
If you like this Whole30 sauce, you will love my other recipes:
Join my online community for FREE and get a weekly newsletter from me.
Whole30 BBQ Sauce
- high speed blender
- 2 dates pit removef
- 1/3 cup water purified
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp worcestershire sauce sub coconut aminos for AIP
- 1 cup tomato sauce use nomato sauce for AIP, see notes
- 1/3 cup tomato paste use nomato sauce for AIP, see notes
- 1.5 tsp paprika OMIT FOR AIP
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp dijon omit for AIP
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper omit for AIP
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Once blended, place ingredients in a saucepan on the stovetop and bring to a boil. Then serve.If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.