I have yet to find a good AIP store that bought bread brands, so I figured I would make my own! These AIP bread rolls are seriously to die for. They are nice and soft, flakey and just so delicious. They only require 20 minutes of hands on time which makes them super easy to make too!
What Makes These AIP Bread Rolls So Good?
- First off, they are super simple to make! There are so many AIP recipes out there that are so complicated and this once is super easy.
- Secondly, these grain free bread rolls hold up so nicely in the fridge which makes this a good recipe option to prep in advance.
AIP Bread Roll Ingredients:
- Tapioca flour-I do not suggest changing out the flours here. It is super important to use tapioca as this recipe cannot be used interchangeably. Tapioca flour will give these homemade grain free rolls a nice crispy crust.
- Coconut flour-This works nicely with the tapioca flour to give a nice dense yet fluffy roll.
- Baking soda-To help the rolls rise.
- Garlic powder, thyme, oregano-For flavor.
- Olive oil-My oil of choice here. You can use avocado oil but it may change the flavor a bit.
- Green onions-For a crunch and flavor.
- Gelatin-In place of an egg. You can read more about gelatin as an egg replacement HERE.
- Water-To make the gelatin egg.
For the garlic butter:
- Ghee-Ghee is technically dairy free because all of the milk proteins are removed from it. If you want to save money (who doesn’t) check out how to make your own HERE. You can substitute the ghee for coconut milk if you do not tolerate ghee.
- Garlic-For flavor.
- Turmeric and salt- For taste and flavor.
How To Make:
For the bread:
- Preheat the oven to 375 and line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper that is lightly greased.
- Sift the coconut flour, tapioca starch, and baking soda together until well combined.
- Then, stir in the garlic, herbs and green onions.
- Now Add in the olive oil and stir well. Now make the gelatin “egg” by mixing water and gelatin in a bowl.
- Then add it in the big bowl with the other ingredients, mix.
- Now, roll the dough into 5-6 rolls and bake for 15-17 minutes.
For the “butter”:
- Place all ingredients in the saucepan and melt until smooth.
How Long Do These Rolls Last?
- They hold up in the fridge for up to 5 days!
Can I Swap Out Coconut Flour?
- No! It is important to not swap out anything in this recipe as it will not turn out right.
What Goes Good With Homemade Paleo Rolls?
If you like this recipe, you will love my other gluten free bread recipes:
If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.xoxo-Allianna
Join my online community for FREE and get a weekly newsletter from me.
AIP Bread Recipe
- mixing bowl
- baking sheet
- 3/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp green onions sliced
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp fried oregano
- 1/4 cup olive oil or avocado oil
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp gelatin
- salt flakes to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 and line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper that is lightly greased. Sift the coconut flour, tapioca starch, and baking soda together until well combined. Then, stir in the garlic, herbs and green onions. Now Add in the olive oil and stir well. Now make the gelatin "egg" by mixing water and gelatin in a bowl. Then add it in the big bowl with the other ingredients, mix. Now, roll the dough into 5-6 rolls and bake for 15-17 minutes.
For the "butter"
- Place all ingredients in a saucepan and melt and whisk until smooth. If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.xoxo-Allianna