These AIP waffles are the most perfect breakfast treat. They are naturally paleo and autoimmune friendly. This AIP breakfast goes great with my fresh paleo raspberry jam and pure maple syrup, it is oh so delicious!
Ingredients for AIP Waffles
- Cassava flour-Cassava flour is a staple in AIP baking. It has a similar texture to gluten so it does get quite sticky when mixed with the right ingredients. With that said, this ingredient cannot be substituted out. I only use Otto’s brand as not all brands are made equally.
- Arrowroot-The arrowroot in this recipe works as a binding agent, holding all of the ingredients together.
- Coconut milk-The coconut milk is my go to dairy free milk alternative. This helps pull all of the ingredients together.
- Coconut oil-The coconut oil keeps these waffles nice and moist.
- Collagen peptides-Collagen is so soothing for the gut. You can read more about that in my bone broth recipe. We use them in this recipe to add some extra protein to the pancakes.
- Apple cider vinegar-Helps bind all of the ingredients together.
- Pure maple syrup-This ingredient is optional however it does add some sweetness to the pancakes. Without it these pancakes are not sweet.
How To Make These AIP Waffles:
- These waffles are super simple!
- First, mix all of the dry ingredients. Then, add all of the wet ingredients.
- In the meantime, turn on the waffle machine. If it is non-stick, be sure to spray it with oil. I like this avocado oil.
- Add the batter to the waffle marker. You should make about 6 waffles in this recipe, so don’t be alarmed if you have leftover batter from the first batch.
- I like this waffle machine because you can make four waffles at once!
- Close the waffle lid and wait until it turns green. Once it turns green remove the waffles with tongs.
What Should I Serve With These Waffles?
- I am not even a big sweets person but I am obsessed with my AIP raspberry jam. It is oh so good.
- I like to top off the jam with fresh berries, bananas, and pure maple syrup.
What Kind Of Waffle Maker Do You Use?
- I love this four compartment waffle maker.
Do These Waffles Reheat Well?
- I like eating them fresh, but if you do want to reheat them be sure to reheat them without the toppings.
- Reheating them in the oven is best at 350 for 5-10 minutes.
If you like this recipe, you will LOVE:
- waffle maker
- Heat up a waffle maker. Spray it with avocado oil if it is non-stick. Place all dry ingredients in a bowl, then mix in all wet ingredients with a whisk. Pour in 1/3 cup of batter into each waffle slot. Cook into the green light comes on the waffle maker. Remove the waffles with tongs.