These BBQ bacon meatballs are quick, delicious and make for a fun dinner option! This recipe is naturally Whole30 friendly and can be made AIP friendly. We like to make these for a fun date night and also use them as a paleo appetizer!
Bacon BBQ meatballs ingredients:
For the meatballs:
- Ground beef–I love Butcher Box, they send me a monthly supply of all of my favorite meats and seafoods. If you use my link HERE you can get free bacon for life.
- Ground pork-From Butcher Box.
- Bacon-from Butcher Box.
- Cassava flour-I like Otto’s, it is my favorite and go to!
- Egg-To bind the meatballs.
- Spices-To season.
For the paleo bbq sauce:
- Dates-Dates are what I like to call paleo candy! They are super sweet and will sweeten just about anything. Make sure to remove the pit!
- Apple cider vinegar-To add a nice kick.
- Steak sauce-For flavoring.
- Tomato paste and sauce-You can use the nomato substitute here to substitute.
- Spices-To taste.
- Dijon mustard-For added flavor. Omit for AIP.
How to make:
For the meatballs:
- First preheat the oven to 350. Place all meatball ingredients in a bowl aside from the bacon and mix throughout. Divide the meatballs into 12 meatballs. Then roll the bacon over top and put the seam at the bottom of the pan. Bake for 30 minutes.
- While the meatballs are baking, place all sauce ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Then, place in a small saucepan and heat up on medium to low heat. Once the meatballs are done, pour the paleo bbq sauce over the top of the meatballs.
What should I garnish these meatballs with?
- Serve with optional fresh chives or parsley.
Can I freeze these Whole30 meatballs?
- Yes! Absolutely. I suggest freezing the meatballs in an airtight glass container and allowing them to cool before storing. Pour the sauce over the meatballs, then freeze.
What should I serve these with?
I love eating these meatballs as an appetizer, but you can also eat them as a meal and serve them with:
- Whole30 potato salad
Bacon wrapped asparagus with garlic aioli
- Crispy mini potatoes with garlic aioli
- Whole30 coleslaw
- Paleo pasta salad
If you like this recipe, you will LOVE my other Whole30 snacks:
- Honey lemon pepper wings
- Peanut butter and jelly wings
- Keto crab cakes
- Whole30 guacamole with pork belly
Join my online community for FREE and get a weekly newsletter from me.
BBQ Bacon Wrapped Meatballs
- high speed blender
- baking sheet
- Pastry Brush
For BBQ Sauce
- 2 whole medjool dates pit removed
- 1/3 cup water
- 4 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp worcestershire sauce use coconut aminos for AIP
- 1 cup tomato sauce substitute with nomato sauce for AIP
- 1/3 cup tomato paste substitute with nomato sauce for AIP
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika omit for AIP
- 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp dijon mustard omit for AIP
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper omit for AIP
For the BBQ Sauce:
- Remove pit from both dates and place in a high speed blender with the rest of the ingredients. Once smooth transfer to a saucepan, bring to a boil, reduce heat, and allow to simmer for as long as you want for desired thickness and flavor.
For the Meatballs:
- Preheat your oven to 350. Mix all of the ingredients, except bacon, in a large bowl with your hand to combine well. Roll into 12 meatballs. Cut the bacon slices in half and carefully wrap each one around a meatball, seam side down. Bake for 30 minutes on a baking sheet.