This gluten free shrimp scampi is everything shrimp scampi should be: simple, garlic-y, buttery, zesty, and full of flavor. In this recipe, I include multiple pasta options which makes it paleo, keto, AIP, and Whole30 friendly. This crowd pleasing recipe is quick, easy and clean. It be on the dinner table within 15 minutes.
What You Will Need To Make Gluten Free Shrimp Scampi:
- Noodles-I love using Jovials’s cassava noodles. They are naturally AIP, whole30, and paleo friendly. They taste just like the real thing and are gluten free. If you are going for the lower carb option I suggest using zucchini noodles. You can make yours fresh or buy them frozen which can be much easier.
- Shrimp-I like using shrimp with the tail on for this recipe. I order all of my seafood and meats from Butcher Box because Butcher Box sends you a customized box of meats every single month. Everything from them is grass fed and wild caught. If you use this link, you can get a discount off your first order.
- Ghee-Ghee is my go to fat for all paleo cooking. It tastes just like butter minus all of the proteins that typically bother people that cannot tolerate dairy.
- Bone broth-You can make your own or you can buy it. I like this brand
- Lemon juice-Do not skip! This will add so much more flavor.
- Garlic-Garlic is what makes shrimp scampi, shrimp scampi! Do not skip 🙂
- Red and black pepper-Skip if you are doing AIP.
- Sea salt-I like pink sea salt.
- Fresh parsley-to garnish.
How To Make Gluten Free Shrimp Scampi:
- First, you will need to defrost your shrimp.
- Now if you are making actual spaghetti and not veggie pasta, boil water with some salt in it. Now, once the water is brought to a boil add the pasta and cook until the noodles are done based off of package instructions.
- After the shrimp is thawed, add half of the ghee to the pan with 6 cloves of garlic, sea salt and lemon, juiced. Let this sauté for about a minute. The shrimp needs to be in a single layer so if not all of it will fit and that is ok, you can make this in two batches.
- Next, add the shrimp to the pan. Cook for 2 minutes, then flip and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Now, Add the red pepper, bone broth, and black pepper to the shrimp (SKIP FOR AIP.)
- Set the shrimp aside and repeat these steps until all of the shrimp is cooked. Use the remaining ingredients.
- Lastly, once the pasta is cooked, strain it and nicely coat with olive oil if desired. Set the pasta in a large bowl. Once the shrimp is done pour the ghee sauce and shrimp on top. Garnish with fresh parsley.
If you like this fish recipe, you will LOVE:
- Whole30 & AIP Shredded Lemon Dill Salmon Salad
- Paleo Dijon Salmon
- Whole30, Keto, Paleo & AIP Buttery Scallops
Join my online community for FREE and get a weekly newsletter from me.
Gluten Free Shrimp Scampi
- large pot for spaghetti (if not option for the veggie version)
- large frying pan
For the veggie pasta option:
- 1 tsp ghee for cooking the noodles
- If you are using pasta noodles and not veggies, follow cooking instructions on the box and cook accordingly. If you are cooking fresh veggie noodles, add ghee to a frying pan and sauté veggie noodles for 5 minutes.
- While the pasta is cooking, add the ghee, garlic, salt, pepper& red pepper (omit for AIP) to the stovetop on medium heat for 1 minute. After the one minute is up, add the shrimp and cook for 2 minutes, flip the shrimp and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Once the total of 4 minutes is up add the lemon and bone broth to the pan and cook for 1 additional minute. Pour the sauce and the shrimp over the noodles. Garnish with fresh parsley.