Looking for the perfect way to make toast? Making Air Fryer Toast is one of the easiest ways to make it. This hassle free method only takes 3 minutes. The toast comes out crispy on the outside and oh so soft on the inside. This is my houses go to way to make toast.
This recipe is perfect not only to eat plain or with homemade jam but is also the best for making sandwiches. I also love to use this recipe when I am making my dairy free hollandaise sauce. It is the perfect base to stand up to the avocado, eggs, and sauce.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- This recipe only takes 3 minutes to make.
- Depending on what kind of bread you use, this recipe can be made paleo, keto, gluten free, AIP (autoimmune protocol) or low carb friendly.
- This recipe won’t require you to pull out your big toaster oven.
- Depending on the type of air fryer you use, you can cook multiple pieces in the air fryer at once.
- The air fryer allows you to add in toppings like cinnamon while you are making it without having to worry about it coming off.
- Your toast will come out perfect every single time: crispy on the outside and nice and soft on the inside.
- If you like this recipe and have some dietary restrictions, you may want to check out my homemade AIP Bread Roll Recipe.
- Bread– I tend to follow a lower carb diet so I love the Carbonaut brand. It is naturally gluten free and keto friendly.
- Cooking oil spray-I love using avocado oil for this but any kind of cooking oil will work.
See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
Substitutions and Variations
- You can use you preferred type of bread for this recipe.
- I prefer to use avocado cooking oil spray but you can use your cooking oil spray of choice.
This recipe has not been tested with other substitutions or variations. If you replace or add any ingredients, please let us know how it turned out in the comments below!
Step by Step Ingredients
- Tip # 1: Be sure not to overcook your toast! Sometimes gluten free brands make their bread super small, if you are dealing with really small bread. Adjust the cooking time accordingly. I suggest starting off at 2 minutes if that is the case.
- Tip # 2: If you do not have the air fryer rack, you could flip the toast after 1 minute to ensure both sides get evenly toasted.
- Tip # 3: If you do not have an air fryer, you can also use the same instructions and make this recipe in your oven.
I have this air fryer and love it! I have had it for years and have never had any issues. This one is amazing because it has 11 different functions yet it only takes up one spot on the counter.
Yes! Sprinkle a little cinnamon on top before baking.
Honestly, any kind of sandwich bread will work! Note that if they bread is a little smaller, like the gluten free bread I had mentioned the cooking time may be a little less.
Other Air Fryer Recipes You Will Love
Are you interested in a guide of my go to healthy alternatives?
download your FREE guide below
Air Fryer Toast
- 2 pieces bread I like gluten free
- cooking oil spray
- Add the bread to the baking rack in the air fryer. Spray lightly with the cooking spray oil. Place on air fryer 400 degrees F for 3 minutes.