These AIP salmon cakes with fresh nut free pesto are seriously to die for! You cannot even tell they are AIP friendly. The fresh basil pesto combined with lemon, nutritional yeast and dill are delicious. This recipe only takes 10 minutes to prep and is great for meal prepping.
What makes these AIP salmon cakes so good:
- First, the fresh pesto. It was so delicious! The nutritional yeast in the pesto adds a cheesy touch.
- They are super simple to make. You can use fresh or canned salmon.
AIP Salmon Cake Key Ingredients:
- Wild caught salmon-I get mine from Butcher Box but you can for sure use canned with this recipe. I love Butcher Box because they send me a month’s supply of all of my favorite meats and seafoods. All I have to do is defrost the night before. If you use my link HERE, you can get free bacon for life.
- Dill-This compliments the fresh pesto so well.
- Cassava flour-This is my go to flour for baking and cooking. I love it so much and only use Otto’s. Not all brands are equal so I have only tested this recipe with this brand.
- Red onion-To give these salmon cakes a nice crunch!
Fresh pesto-I always like to have a large fresh batch of this on hand.
- Nutritional yeast-This is a great alternative for cheesy. It really gives these salmon cakes that cheesy flavor.
- Fresh garlic-This is a must!
- Lemon juice-To add a citrus touch.
How to make:
For the pesto:
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
For the salmon cakes:
- First, preheat the oven to 350.
- Then, place all ingredients into a bowl and mix until smooth.
- Using a 3 ounce cookie scoop, scoop the mixture onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- If you like your cakes a little crispy, at the end turn the broiler on for 2 minutes.
If you like this recipe, you will LOVE my other AIP fish recipes:
- Thai shrimp soup
- Gluten free shrimp scampi
- Whole30 scallops
- Pan seared chilean sea bass
- AIP Shrimp Pesto Pasta
- Gluten Free Fried Shrimp
If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.
AIP Salmon Cakes
- Large bowl
- baking sheet
- Preheat the oven to 350. Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Using a 3 ounce cookie scooper, scoop the filling on to a cookie tray. Flatten off the cakes with your hand and bake for 30 minutes. Turn on the broiler on the end for 2 minutes if you want the top crispy. Serve with remaining fresh pesto.If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.