This quick and easy lemon cucumber pickles out do store bought pickles. These pickles are garlicy, lemony and have the perfect touch of sweetness!
- Mini cucumbers-I like to use mini cucumbers because they are already the perfect size, all you have to do is chop them! You can use larger cucumbers but I would suggest chopping them into spears then.
- Garlic-The garlic combined with the lemon is oh so delicious.
- Salt-This helps with the fermentation process.
- Fresh dill-I love adding dill to just about anything! It adds a nice tangy flavor.
- Lemons-This is what adds the lemon flavor! I like to add lemon juice as well as adding whole lemon slices to the mason jar to add even more of a lemon flavor.
- Vinegar-I like apple cider vinegar. This will help with the fermentation process.
How To Make This Easy Lemon Cucumbers Pickle Recipe:
- First thing is first, wash and chop your pickles!
- I like to cut my pickles into a coin size shape with the skin on.
- Next, mince the garlic with a garlic mincer and juice the lemon with a lemon juicer.
- Once the cucumbers are chopped, add the cucumbers to a mason jar with minced garlic, lemon juice and maple syrup.
- Once everything is in, add purified water to about 1-1.5 inches from the top.
- Lastly add the smaller mason jar to the top of the larger mason jar and close the jar tightly.
- Store the jar on the counter for at least 5 days. Refrigerate once the jar is opened.
How long does it take to turn a cucumber into a pickle?
- The fermentation process begins as soon as you put seal the cucumbers in the jar! It takes a few days for the fermentation process to peak for the cucumbers to turn into the pickles.
What are lemon cucumbers good for?
- I love using these lemon cucumber sweet pickles on everything! They are especially good on sandwiches or burgers.
Should you peel the cucumbers?
- You do not need to peel these pickles! Keep the skin on.
If you like this recipe, check out my other FAVORITE vegetables:
Lemon Cucumber Pickles
- 1 or 2 mason jars
- cutting board
- black peppercorns omit for AIP
- Slice up the mini cucumbers, then place all ingredients in a large bowl (including lemon slices) and mix. Pour into a mason jar (or two jars depending on how big your jars are.) Fill remaining mason jar space with filtered water to about 1 inch from the top. Sit on the counter for at least 5 days to allow the fermentation process to begin. Store in the fridge after the first use.