This argentinean chimichurri goes great with just about anything! It is super simple, quick, and easy. My personal cheffing clients go crazy over it. We like to serve it with steak, chicken and honestly just about anything! This recipe was inspired by one of our favorite restaurants here in Pittsburgh, Gaucho. They have a ton of Argentinean food and their chimichurri was my favorite, but now my version beats it!
- Olive oil-This acts as a base and gets everything mixed up. Olive oil has a neutral flavor so I suggest sticking with it and not substituting.
- Apple cider vinegar-Adds a nice kick.
- Jalapeños and red pepper flakes-Adds a nice bit of spice! Totally optional but this is what gives it a kick and adds a nice touch of Argentina 🙂
- Onion-Adds even more flavor!
- Garlic-Compliments the onion oh so nicely.
- Sea salt-Added to enhance the flavor.
How to make argentinean chimichurri:
- It is super simple, all you have to do is put it in the food processor and blend!
How long does it last?
- I suggest keeping this in the fridge in an airtight container for no longer than 5 days.
What can I serve it with?
- We love to use this sauce with just about anything, but it goes really well with steak, chicken, and wings!
If you like this recipe, you will LOVE my other homemade sauces:
Hey-you’ve made it this far! If you make this recipe, I would love for you to give it a star ★ rating and review below. Make sure you are following me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook too
Join my online community for FREE and get a weekly newsletter from me.
- high speed blender
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup EVOO
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes omit for AIP
- 1 whole jalapeño sliced, stem removed. Omit for AIP
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup red onions chopped
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. You may need to push down on the side with a spatula.
SO GOOD! Love adding it to any meat dish, it is so flavorful and colorful!
Allianna Moximchalk says
Thanks for your review