This pesto chicken salad is creamy and oh so fresh. The fresh basil mixed with the spinach, pine nuts and fresh garlic is oh so delicious. This paleo chicken salad makes for the easiest on the go lunch.
After getting raving reviews from my personal cheffing clients about this recipe, I figured it needed a spot on the blog! Chicken salad has been one of the most requested recipes lately. This recipe is super simple and perfect for those of you that like to meal prep too.
- Cooked cubed chicken breast-I like my chicken salad chicken cubed rather than shredded but you can totally shred yours. I always use Butcher Box for all of my protein needs. They send me a box of the highest quality proteins every month. I keep it in the freezer and all I have to do is defrost the night before.
- Avocado mayo-This is the paleo alternative to conventional mayo. It is made with either avocado oil or olive oil which is better for us than the canola oil that is used in regular mayo.
- For the paleo pesto
- Nutritional yeast-This is totally optional but this is what gives the pesto a cheesy like flavor. Nutritional yeast is widely used in paleo cooking to give dishes a cheesy flavor.
- Garlic-This adds so much flavor to the pesto sauce.
- Spinach-To get some extra greens in!
- Pine nuts-To give the pesto that nutty flavor.
- Olive oil-The best fat to add to the pesto sauce. Avocado oil would work too but it could affect the flavor.
- Fresh basil-This is what makes the pesto! I like to make sure my herbs are organic if possible.
How to make pesto chicken salad:
- First, cube or shred the chicken into small bite size pieces.
- Secondly, make the pesto! Add all of the pesto ingredients to a food processor. I like this food processor HERE. Blend the ingredients in the food processor until smooth.
- Next, once the pesto is done, add the pesto, avocado mayo, and chicken to a bowl and mix all throughout.
What goes well with pesto chicken salad?
- I love to eat this over greens or with these paleo crackers or celery!
How long does this last?
- Up to 5 days in the fridge.
Is this Whole30 friendly?
- Yes, this whole30 chicken salad is also keto/ low carb friendly too.
If you like this recipe, you will LOVE my other chicken recipes on my blog:
- Whole30 Chicken Salad
- Paleo Buffalo Wings
- Everything Bagel Seasoned Wings With Garlic Aioli
- Dairy Free Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Paleo Mexican Lasagna
Join my online community for FREE and get a weekly newsletter from me.
Pesto Chicken Salad
- Large bowl
- Place all ingredients aside from the avocado mayo and chicken in the food processor and blend until smooth. Add the pesto, chicken, and avocado mayo to a bowl and mix until mixed throughout.
- If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.