This Slow Cooker Pumpkin Soup is so creamy and loaded with delicious fall flavor. This slow cooked soup only requires 10 minutes of hands-on time which makes it so easy to prepare! This is the perfect soup to make ahead of time on a busy weeknight. Serve with your favorite salad or a warm loaf of bread to warm up on a chilly, fall night.
What Makes This Recipe So Good?
- Slow cooker soups are the best because they are so easy. Throw all your ingredients in the slow cooker, and your job is done.
- This soup is a great way to get in those vegetables without feeling like you are eating a ton of veggies! The carrots in the soup are a great added touch, and you do not even taste them.
- You can prepare this soup ahead of time to make for your family dinner. All you need to do is throw it in the crockpot in the morning.
- The veggies in this soup can be adjusted to your preference. Potatoes would be great in this soup too!
- This soup is naturally dairy free, gluten free, grain free, soy free, paleo, keto, and refined sugar free. It can also be made Whole30, Autoimmune Protocol (AIP) and vegan friendly.
- This recipe just screams Fall, if you are like me and a big pumpkin fan, make sure you pair it with some of my other favorite pumpkin recipes on my website.
- If you want this soup prepared for you, check out my Paleo Meal Prep Menu. We deliver ready to eat meals all over the Pittsburgh area.
- Carrots-I used store bought shredded carrots here but any kind of carrots will work. If you are using big carrots you can put them in your food processor or grate them with a cheese grater.
- Garlic and onion-The garlic and onion in this recipe add a ton of flavor. I prefer yellow onions here. One of my favorite ways to chop up onions is by peeling them and putting them into the food processor. It helps to cut the onions into fourths when we do this.
- Pumpkin puree- It is super important that you buy pumpkin puree instead of pumpkin pie filling. They look almost identical in the grocery store but are two very different things. You want the canned pumpkin to have only one ingredient in it-pumpkin. I love the Trader Joe’s brand. Every year I buy a case of it at a time because it sells out so quickly.
- Volpi’s Coppa- Adds so much flavor to this soup. Who doesn’t like little bites of bacon in their food? Volpi’s Coppa is like bacon on steroids!
- Cumin & Paprika– Extra seasoning. This can also be adjusted to taste.
- Coconut milk– Can be swapped with almond milk, or cream if you can tolerate it. This gives the soup its creamy texture. If you want to omit, you can, but you may need to add extra chicken broth in order to thin the soup.
- Chicken broth– Keeps the soupy texture. Chicken broth is also loaded with vitamins and minerals. I love the Kettle & Fire brand. Use my Kettle & Fire code, ALLIANNASKITCHEN, for 20% off your order.
How To Make
- Chop the onion, carrot, and Coppa finely. Mince the garlic. If you are using shredded carrots, you can leave it as is. If you are using a whole carrot I suggest running it through the food processor or using a cheese grater.
- Add the onion, garlic, carrot, pumpkin, Coppa, cumin, paprika, and chicken broth to the Instant Pot or crock pot.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours.
- Using an immersion blender or food processor, blend until smooth.
This recipe was sponsored by Volpi’s Coppa.
- For the autoimmune protocol (AIP)-You can omit the paprika, cumin, and coppa.
- For the vegan and meatless option you can omit the Coppa.
Can I Freeze Pumpkin Carrot Soup?
- Yes. This soup will last in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. If you want to save it longer, pop it in the freezer.
What Can I Serve This With?
What Kind Of Slow Cooker Do You Use?
- I have a Ninja Instant Pot. It is so great – it has 11 different functions! Totally worth it. You can also use a regular crockpot it you have that.
How Can I Make This Pumpkin Soup Spicy?
- You can add a little cayenne pepper to your linking. Cayenne adds the perfect kick.
Is This Soup Keto Friendly?
- Yes, pumpkin is a great low carb keto option.
- You can easily double this recipe if you are feeding a larger crowd. Just make sure your slow cooker is big enough to hold it.
If you like my Pumpkin Carrot Soup, you will LOVE
- Almond Butter Chicken Pumpkin Soup
- Creamy Curry Chicken Gnocchi
- Cauliflower Leek Soup
- Vegan Pumpkin Mousse
- Gluten Free Paleo Pumpkin Ravioli
If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.xoxo-Allianna
Join my online community for FREE and get a weekly newsletter from me.
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Soup
- Slow cooker or 11-1 instant pot
- 1 yellow onion onion chopped
- 2 carrots chopped
- 1 package Volpi Coppa chopped, omit for AIP & whole30
- 6 cups canned pumpkin
- 3 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin omit for AIP
- 1 tsp paprika omit for AIP
- Chop onion, carrots, and Coppa. Mince the garlic.
- Add all ingredient to the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours.
- Use an immersion blender or regular blender to blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!