This Cauliflower Leek Soup is loaded with vegetables, super simple to make and quite delicious. This homemade dairy free soup only requires 15 minutes of hands-on time and freezes oh so well, which means it is a great winter soup to batch cook.
What Makes This Soup So Good?
- This soup is naturally dairy free, gluten free, soy free, vegan, low carb, keto, Whole30 and AIP (autoimmune protocol) friendly.
- This soup only requires 15 minutes of hands on time which means it makes a great night dinner option.
- My cauliflower leek soup is a great option for batch cooking which means I love to make it in bulk and freeze it so I can have this homemade soup on demand.
- This soup can be made smooth or chunky, whichever you prefer!
- If you like creamy homemade soups, you will love my Paleo Thai Chicken Soup.
- This homemade soup is so dang yummy AND easy to make.
- This homemade soup goes great with just about anything, too!
Roasted Cauliflower Leek Soup Ingredients:
- Head of cauliflower-You can also buy pre cut florets, whichever is easiest for you! Just be sure to cut off the green part.
- Leeks-If you are not familiar with leeks, they are part of the onion family. They can add so much flavor to a dish. When you are prepping them, be sure to cut off the ends and slice them real thin like you would with an onion.
- Paprika, garlic powder & black pepper-To give this creamy soup a nice kick.
- Sea salt-To taste.
- Avocado oil-To roast the vegetables in. Any kind of oil will work but avocado oil is my favorite oil for roasting.
- Apple cider vinegar & lemon-This will enhance the flavor even more. Without the acid in this soup it would taste way too bland. Do not skip!
- Bone broth-This is the liquid base in this soup, if you are vegan you can use vegetable broth in place of bone broth. I love bone broth because I think it adds so much flavor to the soup.
- Yellow onion-For flavor.
How To Make:
- First, preheat the oven to 400.
- Then, chop up the onion, leek and cauliflower if they are not already.
- Mix them up with the avocado oil, garlic powder, paprika, black pepper and sea salt.
- Lay the vegetables in a single layer on the baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes.
- Once the veggies are done roasting, place them in a soup pot with the remaining ingredients.
- Now bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Once the 20 minutes is up, you can either eat the soup chunky with the veggies in tract or you can use an immersion blender or food processor to blend the soup up to make it nice and smooth.
- I like to serve this soup with red pepper flakes on top.
How Long Does This Soup Last?
- I suggest eating this soup within 5 days.
Can I Freeze This Soup?
- Yes! First allow the soup to cool, then place it in a glass container in the freezer. You can thaw it to heat it up or you can heat it up on low on the stovetop while it is frozen.
Can I Make This Soup With Coconut Milk?
- Absolutely! If you use coconut milk in this recipe be sure to cut back on the bone broth. For example, if you use a cup of coconut milk, subtract a cup of bone broth. This will prevent the soup from getting too thin.
What Should I Eat With This Soup?
- I love this soup as is, but I also love it with homemade Vegan Garlic Bread!
If you like this recipe, you will LOVE:
- Creamy Thai Chicken Soup
- Thai Shrimp Soup
- Creamy Curry Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- Dairy Free Lobster Bisque
If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.xoxo-Allianna
Join my online community for FREE and get a weekly newsletter from me.
Cauliflower Leek Soup
- Sheet pan
- soup pot
- cutting board
- 1 head cauliflower broken into florets
- 1 yellow onion sliced
- 2 leeks chopped, chop off bottom part and use the green part
- 1 tsp paprika omit for AIP
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper omit for AIP
- 6 cups bone broth veggie broth is good for vegan
- Preheat the oven to 400. Chop the onions, leeks and cauliflower and spread them out on the baking sheet with the oil, salt, pepper, and paprika. Make sure to rub the mixture all over. Roast the veggies for 30 minutes. One the veggies are done place them in the stock pot with the remaining ingredients . Bring to a simmer then mix for 20 minutes. Use an immersion blender to break apart the veggies. Serve with fresh herbs and optional red pepper flakes. If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.xoxo-Allianna