These Whole30 sloppy joe bowls are to die for! The cassava flour noodles combined with the roasted broccoli and homemade sloppy joe sauce is delicious! This is something the whole family can eat.
This recipe was originally published on August 24th 2019 and updated on September 4th 2021.
What makes Whole30 sloppy joe bowls so good?
- First off, if you have not tried cassava noodles yet, you NEED to! They are the most amazing thing ever.
- The cassava noodles, grass fed beef and paleo sloppy joe sauce is so good when it is combined!
Key ingredients for Whole30 sloppy joe bowls:
- Grass fed beef-I love to get all of my proteins from Butcher Box. Every month I get a shipment of my favorite grass fed/ wild caught proteins and seafood. If you use my link HERE, you can get free bacon for life!
- Yellow onion-Yellow onion will give these paleo sloppy joes a nice sweet kick. You can use red onion, but it is not as sweet.
- Coconut aminos-Coconut aminos are a great alternative for soy sauce when you are following the paleo protocol or the Whole30. I love to get mine from Trader Joe’s.
- Unsweetened paleo ketchup-I love this brand! I would have never guessed that most ketchup has sugar in it so be sure to use a brand that is clean like this ONE!
- Tomato paste-To give these sloppy joes flavor!
- Garlic-To add even more flavor. Make sure it is minced!
- Cassava noodles-I am OBSESSED with Jovial cassava noodles. They are so good. I have only been able to find them online HERE. If you use my link for Thrive Market, you can save $25 on your first order!
- Broccoli florets-To get more veggies in! But you can honestly use any kind of vegetable to go with this, I just like broccoli best.
- Ghee-My oil of choice to saute the onions in.
- Brown mustard-To enhance the flavor.
How to make Whole30 sloppy joe bowls:
- First, add the ghee to a skillet on medium heat, and preheat the oven to 350.
- Then, add the minced garlic and chopped up onion to the pan and saute for 2 minutes.
- Then, add the ground beef and salt to the pan and cook until brown.
- While the beef is cooking, add the broccoli florets to a sheet pan with a little bit of ghee and salt and cook for 20 minutes or until cooked to desired doneness. Then, cook the cassava noodles according to the instructions on the box.
- Once the beef is cooked, add all of the remaining ingredients in the pan and cook for 7 minutes. Make sure to mix all ingredients in,
- Once the pasta and broccoli is done, combine the sloppy joe meat, cassava noodles, and broccoli in a bowl.
- The best way to heat this meal up is on the stovetop for 3 or so minutes on medium heat.
- Make sure to cook your noodles al dente. They will soften up when they are sitting with the sloppy joe sauce.
If you like this recipe, you will LOVE:
If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.
Join my online community for FREE and get a weekly newsletter from me.
Whole30 sloppy joe bowls
- Sheet pan
- Large pot for water
- Pan to saute the beef in
- 1 pound grass fed beef
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 3 tbsp ghee
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup unsweetened ketchup I like this brand
- 1-8 ounce can tomato paste
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1 box jovial cassava noodles
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- avocado oil spray for the broccoli
- 3 pinches sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350. In a large skillet, add the ghee to medium heat. Sautee the chopped onions, red peppers and garlic for 3 minutes, Then add in the beef and salt, cook the beef until brown. While the beef is cooking, throw the broccoli in the oven with a pinch of sea salt and the avocado oil spray. Give it a light mist. Cook for 20 minutes. Now, cook the pasta according to the instructions on the box. Once the beef is done cooking, add the remaining ingredients to the pan. Cook for 7 minutes and be sure mix the ingredients around. Add 2 tbsp of ghee to the cassava noodles and a pinch of salt once drained. Assemble and serve.
- If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.