These Gluten Free Croutons are a great addition to so many different kinds of dishes: soups, salads and so much more! These easy homemade croutons can also be made low carb and keto friendly!
What Makes These Gluten Free Croutons So Good?
- First off, they are so simple! This recipe literally takes minutes to prep and is a nice elegant addition to so many different kinds of meals.
- Secondly, it is so hard to find gluten free croutons in the store that are also dairy and soy free. This homemade version is a fraction of the cost of store bought and even more delicious!
What Do I Need To Make Homemade Croutons?
- Gluten free bread-Any kind of gluten free bread will work but my favorites are Udi’s, Trader Joe’s brand that comes in a green bag, or Carbonaut gluten free bread from Whole Foods. If you want to make homemade keto croutons I highly suggest the carbonaut brand. It is absolutely delicious and naturally low carb!
- Roasting oil-Any kind will work. I like using avocado or olive oil. You could even use ghee here!
- Sea salt-For flavor.
- Dried herbs-I love oregano, parsley and basil. You can use all 3 or you can use just one. It is up to you, it is personal preference! Personally I like mine with a ton of herbs!
- Garlic powder-For flavor.
- Parmesan cheese-I am a huge fan of the 365 vegan plant based parmesan cheese. You can totally use real parmesan cheese if you are not dairy free, too!
How To Make The Best Homemade Gluten Free Croutons:
- First, preheat the oven to 275. Then, cut your bread into small cubes-should be about ½ inch. You can do this with a knife or kitchen scissors. I love using kitchen scissors because it is so much easier. You can find the brand I have HERE.
- Now, place all ingredients in a bowl and mix with your hands or a giant spoon.
- Place the bread mixture on a baking sheet in a single layer and bake for 1 hour.
- Serve warm if desired.
Can I Make Gluten Free Croutons In The Air Fryer?
- Yes! Absolutely. You will do everything the same up until the cooking time. Place the seasoned bread in the air fryer basket at 350 for 3 minutes. After the 3 minute mark is up, toss and cook for another 3 minutes. I have this air fryer HERE.
How Can I Make Low Carb Keto Croutons?
- The carbonaut gluten free brand from Whole Foods is my favorite low carb/ keto bread brand. It makes for great gluten free croutons!
What Should I Serve With Them?
- I love serving my homemade croutons with salads and soups, a a few of my favorites are:
If you like this recipe, you will LOVE:
If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.xoxo-Allianna
Join my online community for FREE and get a weekly newsletter from me.
Gluten Free Croutons
- baking sheet
- 1 loaf gluten free bread See notes above on keto bread choices
- 1/3 cup olive oil or Ghee
- 1 tbsp dried herbs I like parsley, basil or oregano
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/3 cup parmesean cheese I like the 365 dairy free brand
- Preheat the oven to 270. Cut up the gluten free bread into 1/2 inch cubes. Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix. Lay out cubes in a single layer and bake for 1 hour.
For the air fryer:
- Cut up the gluten free bread into 1/2 inch cubes. Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix. Place in the air fryer at 350 for 3 minutes, then toss around and cook for 3 more minutes. If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.xoxo-Allianna