These Gluten Free Croutons are a great addition to so many different kinds of dishes: soups, salads and so much more! These easy homemade croutons can also be made low carb and keto friendly!
These are the best croutons I’ve ever had, and you’d never even know that they are gluten free! I can’t even taste the difference and neither can my friends that don’t have dietary restrictions like I do.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- First off, they are so simple! This recipe literally takes minutes to prep and is a nice elegant addition to so many different kinds of meals.
- Secondly, it is so hard to find gluten free croutons in the store that are also dairy and soy free, so having an easy recipe to make at home is perfect.
- This homemade version is a fraction of the cost of store bought and even more delicious!
- Your kids and your friends will love this recipe and won’t even taste a difference.
- This recipe can be made in the oven or even the air fryer!
- You can even make this recipe low carb by using a different kind of gluten free bread.
- Gluten free bread-Any kind of gluten free bread will work but my favorites are Udi’s, Trader Joe’s brand that comes in a green bag, or Carbonaut gluten free bread from Whole Foods. If you want to make homemade keto croutons, I highly suggest the Carbonaut brand. It is absolutely delicious and naturally low carb!
- Roasting oil-Any kind will work. I like using avocado or olive oil. You could even use ghee here!
- Sea salt-For flavor.
- Dried herbs-I love oregano, parsley and basil. You can use all 3 or you can use just one. It is up to you, it is personal preference! Personally I like mine with a ton of herbs!
- Garlic powder-For flavor.
- Parmesan cheese-I am a huge fan of the 365 vegan plant based parmesan cheese. You can totally use real parmesan cheese if you are not dairy free, too!
See recipe card for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
Substitutes and Variations
- Gluten free bread– You can use any type of gluten free bread, even a low carb option!
- Roasting Oil -Although I love olive oil, you can substitute avocado oil or even ghee. You can even make your own Ghee!
The recipe has not been tested with other substitutions and variations. If you replace or add any ingredients, please let us know how it turned out in the comments below!
Step by Step Instructions
- Tip #1: Although you can use any type of gluten free bread, my favorite brand is Udi’s which is available in many grocery stores including Whole Foods.
- Tip #2: To cut the bread, you can use a knife or kitchen scissors. I love using kitchen scissors because they make the job so much easier.
- Tip #3: Instead of the oven, you can make this recipe in the air fryer. They only take about 6 minutes to cook!
Yes! These croutons would taste amazing in your favorite stuffing recipe!
Yes! You will follow the same steps until you get to the cooking time. Place the seasoned bread in the air fryer basket at 350 degrees F for 3 minutes. After the 3 minute mark is up, toss and cook for another 3 minutes.
The Carbonaut gluten free brand from Whole Foods is my favorite low carb/keto bread brand. It makes for great gluten free croutons!
- This recipe can be stored in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Other Gluten Free Recipes You Will Love
Did you try this recipe?
Leave a rating and a review below.
Gluten Free Croutons
- baking sheet
- 1 loaf gluten free bread See notes above on keto bread choices
- 1/3 cup olive oil or Ghee
- 1 tbsp dried herbs I like parsley, basil or oregano
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/3 cup parmesean cheese I like the 365 dairy free brand
- Preheat the oven to 270. Cut up the gluten free bread into 1/2 inch cubes. Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix. Lay out cubes in a single layer and bake for 1 hour.
For the air fryer:
- Cut up the gluten free bread into 1/2 inch cubes. Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix. Place in the air fryer at 350 for 3 minutes, then toss around and cook for 3 more minutes.