These paleo whole30 crispy bacon chicken ranch wraps are to die for to say the least. They are light and full of flavor. After nearly a decade of going without one of my childhood favorite meals I decided to recreate a healthy paleo, AIP, and whole30 version. The cassava wraps are naturally AIP friendly and go great with just about anything. The homemade ranch dressing is everything ranch dressing should be: fresh, “buttermilk” and full of flavor. This recipe includes both an AIP and Whole30 ranch option, both are delicious! The arrowroot powder is what acts as the breading for these crispy chicken tenders.
What Do I Need To Make These Crispy Bacon Chicken Ranch Wraps?
- Chicken breast-I prefer chicken breasts in this recipe for the simple reason that I do not like to pull out the chicken tendons in chicken tenders, however, both options work.
- Arrowroot powder-Think of arrowroot powder as the corn starch of paleo, AIP and whole30 cooking. It makes these chicken tenders crispy.
- Homemade ranch-One of the best ways to save money while following AIP or Whole30 is by making all of your condiments. You can use my ranch recipe if you are doing the Whole30 or use this recipe for AIP. Both options refrigerate well, so you can use the dressing for multiple recipes.
- Sea salt, oregano, garlic powder, and onion powder-These spices are what gives the breading flavor. Feel free to swap for your own spices.
- Oil spray- This allows the chicken to get crispy. I like using the Trader Joe’s Olive oil Spray.
- Coconut milk-This is what I like to use in place of eggs to get the breading to stick to the chicken.
- Cassava flour wraps- These are wonderful and now our go to over store bought wraps. Be sure to allow yourself enough time in advance to allow the dough to sit. If you make these in advance, not you must heat them up in the microwave for 20 seconds prior to using. If you are not doing Whole30 or AIP, you can use store bought almond flour wraps to save on time if desired.
- Bacon-I love getting my bacon from Butcher Box. It tastes the best and I know it is the best quality.
How To Make These Crispy Bacon Chicken Ranch Wraps:
- Prep the wraps in advance, the dough does require 1 hour of time to rest, however, you will want to serve the wraps in advance.
- Next, prep the chicken. Cut the chicken up into strips. Put it in a bowl. Now add the coconut milk to a bowl, and add the arrowroot and remaining spices to another bowl. Mix the spices in evenly with the arrowroot powder.
- Preheat the air fryer to 360. Add the metal rack in the air fryer. This will prevent the chicken from cooking unevenly.
- Dip the chicken in the coconut milk, now dip the chicken in the arrowroot mixture.
- Place the chicken in the air fryer and give it a quick spray with the olive oil spray.
- Cook for 10 minutes, then flip, spray and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Once the chicken is done, add it to the wraps and drizzle with the caesar dressing and bacon.
Can I Reheat These Wraps?
- Yes! However, if you are using my homemade cassava flour wraps I suggest waiting until prior to eating to assemble. The homemade wraps need to be heated up to achieve the desired texture.
If you like this recipe, you will also LOVE:
- Paleo Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Whole30 & Paleo Crispy Sports Bar Copycat Buffalo Chicken Wings
- AIP & Paleo Whole Roasted Chicken
- Crispy Garlic AIP Chicken Thighs
Crispy Bacon Chicken Ranch Wraps
- 1/2 cup homemade ranch see notes for AIP option
- 6 whole tortillas Click for my recipe. If you are not doing Whole30 or AIP you can use siete brand.
- handful of spinach
- 10 halves mini tomatoes omit for AIP
- 6 pieces bacon already cooked
- Place the arrowroot and spices in a bowl, mix the spices in evenly. Place the coconut milk in a separate bowl. Now cut the chicken breasts into long strips. Set aside.
- Add the metal insert into the air fryer that allows the chicken to cook evenly on both side. Preheat the air fryer to 360. Dip the chicken in the coconut milk, then the arrowroot powder. Cook the chicken for 10 minutes. Then flip the chicken using tongs, give the chicken a quick spray with the cooking oil and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Add the bacon, chicken, tomatoes (if not AIP, greens to the wrap. ENJOY!