These Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Bundles with Garlic Aioli make for the most perfect spring time side dish! This recipe is super easy and quick. Plus, who doesn’t love bacon added to their vegetables? Not only are these a great side dish, but they are also a great appetizer as well. The saltiness of the bacon pairs great with the fresh taste of the garlic aioli.
This dish is always a crowd pleaser for all ages. I love to have this with a meal or as a snack as well. For any dinner party or cookout, I will make a large platter of these and they will be gone in minutes!
I have found bacon wrapped vegetables with a delicious sauce is a great way to get even the pickiest of eaters to try a new vegetable! Add in the garlic aioli and that is delicious enough on its own! Your guests will be asking you to make these for all of your gatherings.
Why You’ll Love This Dish
- It is so simple! It only has a few ingredients but they are packed with flavor.
- These are naturally gluten free, paleo, dairy free, nut free, soy free, and refined sugar free.
- Kids will love this dish because of the bacon! The bacon flavor will help them not even realize they are eating vegetables as well!
- These would go well with my pesto salmon! The salt of the bacon would pair well with the fresh pesto on the salmon.
- If serving as an appetizer, you could also pair with my bacon wrapped dates as well!
- This recipe is a quick dish you can prepare for any dinner party that will also impress all of the guests.
For the asparagus
- Asparagus– Main ingredient. I prefer skinnier asparagus over thick, but it is totally up to you.
- Bacon-I love Butcher Box! You can use my Butcher Box code and get a free few pounds of meat in your first order.
- Avocado oil-For the asparagus. You can use your oil of choice though such as olive oil.
- Sea salt and garlic powder-To season the asparagus.
For the aioli
- Avocado mayonnaise-This is what makes this aioli paleo. This mayonnaise is made with avocado oil instead of canola oil which makes it a lot better for us.
- Dijon mustard-Adds a nice kick.
- Lemon juice-This is what differentiates an aioli from mayo alone. The lemon juice!
- Fresh garlic-The fresh garlic combined with the lemon juice is DELICIOUS!
See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
Substitutions and Variations
- You can choose to serve the asparagus with the garlic aioli or they are great on their own with no sauce.
- This would also work with other vegetables such as green beans.
This recipe has not been tested with other substitutions or variations. If you replace or add any ingredients, please let us know how it turned out in the comments below!
Step by Step Instructions
- Baking sheet – I love these baking sheets because they are non-toxic and incredible quality!
- Air fryer-If baking in the air fryer over the oven.
- Tip # 1: If you like your bacon more crispy, you can par cook the bacon before wrapping it around the asparagus so that you don’t end up overcooking the asparagus to achieve your desired crispiness. You will just want to make sure that the center is still soft. I would recommend starting by only cooking the bacon in a 350 degree F oven for 5 minutes. This will slightly cook it but won’t make it difficult to wrap around the asparagus.
- Tip # 2: If you want less asparagus in a bite, you can do smaller bunches or extra bacon.
- Tip # 3: Asparagus can vary in size, if you get thick asparagus you may want to do less per bunch.
Drizzle the aioli on top. Garnish with red pepper flakes and fresh herbs if desired.
So many things! But a few of my favorites are: AIP crispy crack chicken, paleo chicken tenders, and paleo meatloaf muffins.
Absolutely! You will make the asparagus the same exact way, except you will need to cut the asparagus to fit in the air fryer. Be sure to use the metal piece that props the food up so air gets in on both sides.
I recommend reheating this dish in the air fryer or oven at 350 degrees F for 5-10 minutes.
- This dish can be stored in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Other Appetizer Recipes You Will Love
Are you interested in a list of my go to healthy alternatives?
download your FREE guide below
Bacon Wrapped Asparagus With Garlic Aioli
- baking sheet
For the asparagus:
- 6 slices bacon I love Butcher Box. Use my link to save $$!
- 30 spears asparagus cut off bottom inch
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
For the aioli: (skip for AIP)
- 2 lemons juiced
- 1 cup avocado mayo
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 12 cloves garlic minced
For the aioli:
- Place all ingredients into a bowl, whisk, and set aside.
For the asparagus:
- Preheat the oven or air fryer to 400 degrees F. Chop the bottom inch of the asparagus off. Place the asparagus in a bowl with the oil, garlic powder, and salt to mix. Divide up the asparagus spears into stacks of 5. Wrap the bacon around 5 spears and place in the oven for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, flip and cook for an additional 15 minutes.
- Serve with fresh herbs and red pepper flakes if desired. Drizzle the aioli on top.
This recipe is amazing! It’s so good and a great recipe for a get together
This is the perfect side! The asparagus and bacon work so well together.
Allianna Moximchalk says
Jamie K says
I absolutely loved this recipe. The bacon and asparagus was cooked perfectly. My son who doesn’t even eat asparagus ate this and loved it. Would definitely be making for many future recipes.
Yay! This makes me happy to hear!