These Roasted Beets and Carrots are drizzled are so delicious. This easy side dish gives any meal an elegant touch without spending hours in the kitchen. My delicious and easy beets with carrots could trick a picky eater into eating their veggies! They are slightly sweet and so delicious. This side dish is so colorful, fun, and easy to prepare. All you need is a sheet pan and you’re good to go.
What Makes This Recipe So Good And Easy?
- This dish is so colorful! It’s a great side dish for any dinner.
- Sheet pan meals recipes are amazing because everything is added directly onto the sheet pan.
- These Roasted Beets and Carrots are sweet and savory.
- This recipe is naturally gluten free, grain free, nut free, dairy free, flourless, low carb, vegan, paleo, soy free, and refined sugar free.
- Check out other side dish recipes on my website. I have something for everyone!
- If you are located in the Pittsburgh area and would like to get this dish delivered right to your front door, check out my weekly meal prep menu – it changes every week.
- I love making a batch of these carrots and beets at the beginning of the week and eating them all week long.
- This recipe only requires 15 minutes of hands-on time.
- Beets– Beets are rich in vitamin B9, which helps cells grow and function. Remember, beets stain, so use a cutting board that washes easily. Wash the beets, peel them, then chop into small pieces.
- Carrots– I used baby carrots for this recipe. If you are using baby carrots, you do not have to chop them. If you want to use the long carrots, 5-6 carrots (chopped) will work.
- Olive oil– Or any kind of oil, really. This helps get the veggies greased up and hold all of the great seasonings that are added.
- Maple syrup- Make sure to use PURE maple syrup. Regular maple syrup has all kinds of crazy additives. I recommend Costco’s Kirkland brand of maple syrup. This is one of my favorite ways to add a little sweetness to a dish.
- Ghee– This is simply clarified butter. It doesn’t have the lactose and casein that regular butter has, making it a great alternative for those with sensitivities. You can also use regular butter if that is more of your thing. I love making my own homemade ghee with my Homemade Ghee Recipe on the blog.
- Salt & pepper- As desired, for seasoning.
How To Make
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Chop the beets. Arrange beets and baby carrots on a parchment-lined sheet pan.
- Drizzle olive oil over beets and carrots. Sprinkle it with salt and pepper. Toss until they’re evenly coated.
- Place sheet pan in the oven to roast for 15 minutes.
- Take the sheet pan out of the oven. Add ghee and maple syrup. Allow ghee to fully melt. Toss until they’re evenly coated.
- Put the sheet pan back in the oven for 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
Recipe FAQs And Recipe Substitutions
How Do I Reheat Leftovers?
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for 2-3 days. You can reheat in the oven, just until warm, for about 5 minutes at 375 degrees F.
Do I Have To Use Ghee?
- No! You can substitute ghee for regular butter if that is your thing.
Can I Make This Dish In The Air Fryer?
- Yes! Absolutely. I have the Ninja Air Fryer and love it. The air fryer tends to cook faster than the regular oven so you can shave 5 minutes off of the time.
Can I Add Sweet Potatoes Or Regular Potatoes?
- Yes! Note that potatoes tend to take longer to bake in the oven over carrots and beets. If you do want to add potatoes you will need to make sure they are cut into pieces that are not bigger than 1 inch.
Can I Steam Beets And Carrots?
- Absolutely! You will prep the beets and carrots as you would if you are roasting them but skip out on any of the toppings. Add them chopped and washed into a steamer basket and steam until the desired tenderness is reached.
What Can I Serve With This?
What Kind Of Maple Syrup Do You Use?
- I only use pure maple syrup. I suggest the Kirkland brand at Costco, I use this all the time.
- Check on the sheet pan at about 7-8 minutes into roasting time. Shake or rotate the pan, if needed, so that the veggies cook evenly.
- This would make a beautiful side dish for Thanksgiving!
If you like this recipe you will LOVE
- Roasted Bok Choy
- Honey Sriracha Brussel Sprouts
- Air Fryer Spaghetti Squash
- Maple Brussel Sprouts
- Paleo Beet Hummus
If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.xoxo-Allianna
Join my online community for FREE and get a weekly newsletter from me.
Roasted Beets and Carrots
- Sheet pan
- 16 oz baby carrots
- 6 beets peeled & diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp ghee or regular butter if that is your thing
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- salt & pepper to taste. omit the pepper for AIP
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Chop the beats. Arrange beats and baby carrots on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil over the beets and carrots. Add desired amount of salt and pepper. Toss until they're coated.
- Place in the oven and roast for 15 minutes.
- Take the sheet pan out of the oven. Add the ghee and maple syrup. Let the ghee fully melt and make sure everything is evenly coated.
- Put the sheet pan back in the oven for 5 minutes. Then serve.