This Vegan Gluten Free Peach Cobbler is so easy and delicious! The natural sugars in peaches combined with this gluten free shortbread crust is seriously to die for. This recipe comes together so fast and is thrown right into the oven. Out comes this delectable dessert!
I love a warm, fruity dessert topped with some coconut whipped cream – your family will too!
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- This recipe is super quick and easy to make.
- This fruity dessert has a warm, creamy peach filling topped with delicate crumbly topping that is made from cassava flour.
- You can serve this with dairy free ice cream, coconut cool whip, or topped with some cinnamon.
- Even your children will love snacking on this tasty tart cobbler.
- This recipe is naturally gluten free, dairy free, soy free, nut free, paleo, flourless, refined sugar fee, and autoimmune protocol (AIP) friendly too!
- This recipe was inspired by my Gluten Free Apple Crisp. It is my favorite fall dessert recipe and I wanted one I loved just as much for Summer. If you would like to get this and other tasty treats delivered right to your front door, check out my Pittsburgh-based paleo meal prep menu. A new menu is live every Wednesday.
Peaches– These make a great, fruity dessert! The other ingredients in the peach filling make these extra sweet and delicious. When picking peaches, pick one that is slightly soft and has some golden-hues to it. You can also use frozen peaches here, but be sure to allow them to fully defrost prior to baking so they aren’t holding on to extra moisture.
Coconut Sugar– A great natural, plant-based sweetener. Coconut sugar is great for baking.
Arrowroot– A thickening agent. This helps the peach filling become thick, as well as holds the ingredients together for the cobbler topping.
Lemon juice & cinnamon– Brightens the flavors of the peach filling.
Cassava flour– The base of the cobbler topping. I highly recommend Otto’s Cassava Flour. It is the only kind I use; it’s the best I’ve found. Cassava flour creates a nice, crispy topping.
Baking powder, coconut oil, coconut milk, vanilla extract- This will create the best cobbler topping when combined with the cassava flour. It’s sweet, crumbly, and crispy – all the best qualities of a cobbler.
See recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
Substitutions and Variations
- You can make this dessert with different fruits such as apples, blueberries, or even strawberries.
- There are so many options to serve alongside this dessert including dairy free ice cream, coconut cool whip, or a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- You can substitute frozen peaches instead of fresh ones as long as you fully defrost them ahead of time.
This recipe has not been tested with other substitutions or variations. If you replace or add any ingredients, please let us know how it turned out in the comments below!
Step by Step Instructions
When picking fresh peaches, you want them to be semi-soft. Too hard means that they are not ready. There should also be some golden-hues to the peach. Peaches that have white hues are not ready.
Yes! If you choose to use frozen peaches, be sure that they are fully defrosted prior to using so that they don’t hold onto extra moisture.
If you are using a baking dish larger than 8×8, keep in mind that it may change the baking time.
- Tip #1: To prevent the cobbler from browning too much, you can loosely cover it with foil after about 20 minutes.
- Tip #2: I love serving this warm topped with vegan cool whip.
- Tip #3: Be sure to choose peaches that are semi-soft with golden-hues so that the finished product is flavorful.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- To reheat in the air fryer, cook at 350 degrees F for 3-5 minutes.
- To reheat in the oven, cook at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes.
Other Gluten Free Summer Recipes You Will Love
Did you try this recipe?
Leave a rating and a review below.
Vegan Peach Cobbler
- 8×8 baking dish
- 2 pounds peaches peeled & sliced
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp arrowroot
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups cassava flour Otto's brand
- ½ cup arrowroot
- ⅓ cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease an 8×8 baking dish with coconut oil.
- Make the peach filling. In a medium-sized saucepan, combine the peaches, coconut sugar, arrowroot, lemon juice, and cinnamon. Cook over medium heat for 5-7 minutes. Then, transfer to the greased baking dish.
- Make the cobbler topping. Combine almond flour, arrowroot, baking powder, coconut sugar, and a pinch of sea salt.
- Add the solid chunks of coconut oil to the flour mixture until it becomes crumbly. Then, stir in the coconut milk and vanilla extract until a dough forms.
- Scoop up the dough in small handfuls, flatten with your hands, and lay it all over the peach filling.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until the top is golden brown. Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes prior to serving.
Leave a Reply