Want to jump start your morning? These blueberry banana overnight oats are dairy free, gluten free, vegan, and oh so delicious! You can even add a scoop or two of protein powder for an extra boost of energy. They only take 15 minutes to prep and can be stored for up to a week, which makes them the perfect grab and go breakfast option for your weekly meal planning.
What you eat for breakfast sets the tone for the rest of your morning and beyond! I don’t always have time to make a big nutritious breakfast from scratch. So on hectic mornings when I’m pressed for time, I love having these blueberry banana overnight oats ready to go. Grab and go breakfasts are a staple in my weekly meal prep. I’m always so thankful that I have them. And these vegan, dairy free, gluten free overnight oats stay fresh for up to a week, which makes them a delicious and convenient option! Just whip them up on a Sunday night and then enjoy them whenever you need breakfast on the go throughout the week. I bet they’ll quickly become a regular breakfast in your weekly meal prep rotation.
What Do I Need To Make Blueberry Banana Overnight Oats?
- Gluten free oats: You want to find a brand that is steel cut and gluten free.
- Blueberries: I recommend using fresh instead of frozen.
- Dairy free yogurt: I like the brand So Delicious. You can use any brand that doesn’t include added sugar.
- Dairy free milk: I prefer almond milk, but you can use any kind of non-dairy milk.
- Whole ripe banana: You want to choose one that is ripe and yellow.
- Almond slivers: These add wonderful crunch on top.
- Almond butter: You can substitute peanut butter or another kind of nut butter if you prefer.
- Cinnamon: Great for adding flavor.
- Dates: These will sweeten the oats.
Can I Use Other Ingredients?
- There are a few ways you can customize your dairy free overnight oats based on your tastes and preferences.
- If you prefer a different type of nut butter, feel free to use that instead of almond butter. For a little extra sweetness and flavor, you can add a drizzle of honey on top.
- Want to add some protein to jump start your morning? Add a scoop or two of your favorite paleo friendly protein powder when you’re mixing everything together in the food processor.
This recipe was originally published on March 10th 2020 and revised on December 13th 2020 to improve user experience.
How To Make Blueberry Banana Overnight Oats
- Place the banana, almond butter, pitted dates, dairy free milk, dairy free yogurt, and cinnamon in a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Next, line the bottom of your mason jars (or glass containers) with a layer of oats.
- Then, add the smooth mixture of the bananas, almond butter, yogurt, and milk. Top with a layer of berries.
- Repeat the layers.
- Finally, top this delicious treat off with almond slivers. You can also add a drizzle of honey if you like.
Can I Store Banana Overnight Oats
- Absolutely! That’s what makes them such a great grab and go breakfast.
- Store your vegan banana overnight oats in a mason jar or another airtight container. They will stay fresh for up to a week in the refrigerator.
If You Like This Recipe, You Will LOVE My Other Breakfast Recipes
- Pumpkin Spice Oat Flour Muffins
- Paleo Approved Smoothie Bowl
- Protein Loaded Banana Blueberry Zucchini Muffins
- Paleo Gluten Free Cranberry Orange Cardamom Coffee Cake
- Paleo Gluten Free Protein Loaded Apple Muffins
Blueberry Banana Overnight Oats (Gluten Free, Dairy Free)
- 2 mason jars
- Food processor
- a bowl
- 1 cup gluten free steel cut oats
- 3 cups blueberries fresh
- 1/2 cup dairy free yogurt I like so delicious, avoid the unsweetened to avoid extra added sugar
- 1/2 cup dairy free milk I like almond milk
- 1 whole ripe banana
- 2 tbsp almond slivers
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 whole dates pitted (this sweetens the oats)
- drizzle of honey
- 2 scoops protein powder
- Place the banana, almond butter, pitted dates, dairy free milk & yogurt and cinnamon in a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Line the bottom of your mason jars (or glass containers) with a layer of oats, then add the smooth mixture of the bananas, almond butter, yogurt, and milk. Add a later of berries, then repeat. Top this delicious treat off with almond slivers. OPTIONAL: top off with a drizzle of honey.