This chocolate baked oats dish is perfect for meal prepping! The creamy and ripe bananas combined with the cocoa powder and fresh berries are delicious. We like to make this at the start of the week so all we have to do is reheat!
This recipe was made in partnership with Beeya Wellness. Beeya seeds naturally support your hormones using the seed cycling method – an integrative approach to balancing hormones and helping you have better periods.
Chocolate baked oatmeal ingredients:
- Sprouted gluten free oats-Sprouted oats undergo a germination process that activates fiber which makes them easier to digest for people like me. I got a large bag from Costco.
- Banana-Make sure it is ripe! The riper it is, the sweeter it will be. Slice your banana up.
- Mixed berries-Strawberries of blueberries will work! I prefer them fresh. Frozen ones may make this dish watery.
- Maple syrup-As the sweetener.
- Coconut milk-You can also use almond milk.
- Cocoa powder-To give these chocolate baked oats the chocolatey taste. Be sure there is nothing else in the cocoa powder.
- Coconut oil-To keep these oats moist.
- Baking powder-To help the oats rise.
- Egg-To bind everything together.
- Avocado oil spray-To spray the pan prior to baking.
- Beeya seeds-If you have not checked out Beeya Wellness yet, check it out! They make seeds for seed cycling. Seed cycling has been proven to help alleviate symptoms of PMS by using whole real organic seeds.
- Fresh berries
- Honey on top
How to make:
- First, preheat the oven to 350.
- Next, spray a 15 by 9 pan with avocado oil or cooking oil of choice.
- Now, place all ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly making sure everything is mixed throughout.
- Lay out the oat mixture evenly in the baking dish.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Allow the chocolate baked oats to cool prior to cutting.
Are oats paleo?
- Technically no. Technically grains are avoided on the paleo protocol, however some people find that once their gut heals they can tolerate them. I can tolerate them in small amounts and really enjoy eating them so I do eat them as a treat. It took me years to get to this point though, I was strictly grain free for 4 years prior.
How should I eat this?
- I love to eat my oats warm. I always reheat them in the microwave for 20 seconds prior to eating.
If you like this recipe, you will LOVE:
- Blueberry banana overnight oats
- Pumpkin spice oat flour muffins
- Blueberry maple turkey breakfast sausage
- Brussel sprout bacon sweet potato breakfast hash
- Blueberry banana baked oatmeal
If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.
Chocolate baked oats
- Long 15 by 9 baking dish
- 1 scoop beeya seeds use code ALLIANNA10 to save. Beeya's seeds are loaded with healthy fats. Check out their website to learn more about seed cycling and how it helps with PMS
- drizzle of honey
- fresh fruit
- Preheat the oven to 350. Spray an 8 by 13 casserole dish with avocado oil spray. Next, place all ingredients in a bowl and mix until smooth. Pour the mixture into the casserole dish and spread out evenly. Bake for 30 minutes. Serve with 1 scoop of Beeya seeds and banana slices.If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.