These Gluten Free Cranberry Oatmeal Bars are super simple to make and perfect for breakfasts & snacks. The sweet dried apples combined with the cranberries and applesauce is oh so delicious! This recipe only takes 5 minutes to prep and 35 minutes to bake.
Gluten Free Cranberry Oatmeal Bars Ingredients:
- Gluten free oats-I like the gluten free sprouted oats from Costco. Sprouted oats are easier to digest so I always chose those over regular oats!
- Dried cranberries-Make sure to get the dried cranberries that are just fruit and do not have any added sugars.
- Dried apple slices-I get mine from Trader Joes. Just like the cranberries, you will want to be sure there are not any added sugars in there!
- Applesauce-This helps bind everything together. You can also substitute ½ cup applesauce with 1 ripe banana. Whatever you have on hand will work!
- Egg-As the binder.
- Cinnamon-Compliments the cranberries and apples oh so well.
- Almond milk-You can also use coconut milk if desired. Any kind of dairy free milk will work or if you tolerate regular milk, regular milk works well too!
- Maple syrup-To sweeten the oat bars.
How To Make:
- First, preheat the oven to 350.
- Then, place all ingredients in a bowl and mix.
- Now, spray a 6 by 12 casserole dish with cooking spray oil. I like using avocado oil.
- Next, spread out the oatmeal mixture evenly in the pan.
- Finally, bake for 35 minutes.
How Should I Eat These Breakfast Bars?
- I suggest reheating them in the microwave for a quick 30 seconds and serving them as is or with fresh fruit. I love to eat them with my eggs in the morning!
What Makes Sprouted Oats Easier To Digest?
- Unsprouted oats contain phytic acid which blocks digestive enzymes from secreting in the stomach which makes oats harder to digest. The germination process helps break down the phytic acid which makes the oats easier to digest!
What Kind of Pan Should I Use?
- I love this 8 by 11 casserole dish HERE.
If you like these Cranberry Oatmeal Bars, you will LOVE:
- Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal Bars
- Apple Oatmeal Bake
- Chocolate Baked Oats
- Blueberry Banana Overnight Oats
- Banana Blueberry Baked Oatmeal
Cranberry Oatmeal Bars
- Large baking dish 13 by 8 is ideal
- 2 1/4 cups oats I like sprouted gluten free oats from Coscto
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup applesauce OR 1 banana mushed
- 3/4 cup almond milk or coconut milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup dried apples chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350. Mix all ingredients in a bowl together. Spray the baking dish with cooking oil spray (I like avocado oil.) Evenly lay out the oatmeal ingredients and bake for 35 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes prior to cutting. If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.