These No Bake Gluten Free Cake Pops are super easy to make and so good! In this recipe, you can modify the recipe to include a bunch of different fun toppings on top for different seasons. This homemade treat is one of a kind and your kids will love it. Plus, this recipe only requires 20 minutes of hands on time which means you can have this recipe ready in no time!
Who else grew up loving Starbucks cake pops? I did! However, they always made me so sick. This recipe was inspired by one of my childhood favorites and I am so excited to share it with you!
Why This Recipe Works
- This recipe is so simple to make and it can be made in less than 20 minutes!
- This recipe is naturally dairy free, gluten free, grain free, soy free, egg free, vegan and paleo friendly.
- You can make this recipe ahead of time and freeze it so you have treats ready to go at all times.
- This recipe is no bake which means it does not require you to even turn your oven on!
- You can adjust this recipe so it is more seasonal. I love adding fun little sprinkles and different decorations to make it more specific to the season we are in!
- This recipe was inspired by another no bake recipe on my website. If you love these cake pops, you will love my No Bake Cookie Dough Bites.
- Almond flour-This is the base for the cake pops. I do not suggest switching out the flours because not all gluten free flours are created equally. I like the Costco brand of almond flour.
- Maple syrup-This sweetens these cakes pops and also holds everything together!
- Chocolate chips-I am dairy free so I prefer dairy free chocolate but any kind of chocolate will work. I love the Hu brand for dairy free chocolate chips.
- Vanilla-For flavor.
- Coconut oil-The coconut oil should be melted. This is what helps bind the ingredients together.
- Sea salt-For taste.
A complete list of ingredients and measurements can be found in the recipe card below.
Recipe Substitutions And Variations
- Chocolate-This recipe can also be made with white chocolate.
This recipe has not been been tested with any other substitutions or variations. If you try something else, please let me know how it turned out in the comment section below!
Step By Step Instructions
- Microwave friendly glass bowl.
- Silicone spatula.
- Cookie cake pop sticks.
- Baking sheet.
- 1.5 inch cookie scoop.
- Tip #1: You must continuously stir the chocolate when you put it in the microwave or it will burn! I suggest only microwaving it in 30 minute increments.
- Tip #2: If you chose to wrap your cake pops, make sure the chocolate has hardened in the fridge or the freezer prior to wrapping them.
The key to prevent the chocolate from burning is by heating it slowly and whisking it throughout the process.
You can allow the chocolate covering on the cake pops to harden fully in the fridge prior to wrapping the pops.
- This recipe can be stored in the fridge for up to 1 week. Be sure to store them upright in some sort of cup so the chocolate does not get messy.
- You can also store this recipe in the freezer for up to 1 month. You can store them laying down in the freezer because the chocolate will harden when frozen.
Other Fun Gluten Free Dessert Recipes
download my FREE anti-inflammatory guide below with all of my favorite healthy food swaps
Gluten Free Cake Pops
- Place all ingredients in a bowl except the chocolate chips and mix until well mixed throughout. Using a 1.5 inch cookie scoop, scoop the dough onto a sheet pan with wax paper.
- Then roll, the balls with your hands and set back on the sheet tray. Place the sheet tray in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Once the hour is up, add the cake pop sticks to the bottom of the ball.
- Then, add the chocolate chips into a bowl and place in the microwave for 30 seconds. Mix and then place them back in the microwave again for another 30 seconds. Then mix again and microwave for another 30 seconds. By this point the chocolate should be silky smooth.
- Now, grab a few cups to allow the cake pops to sit in. Dip the cake pops into the chocolate, once they are dipped place them in the cup and store in the freezer to allow the chocolate to harden. Serve cold from the fridge.