These Mini Dairy Free Chocolate Cakes are super fun and easy to make! We love making these treats into mini bundt cakes. The soft and moist chocolate grain free cake combined with dairy free chocolate ganache is to die for. Plus these little cakes freeze well which means you can make these cakes far in advance!
This recipe was inspired by my childhood favorite dessert-boxes chocolate cake! When I first found out gluten was making me so sick I thought I would never be able to eat cake again. Boy was I wrong! This cake is delicious, moist and it hits the spot!
Why This Recipe Works
- First off, it is super simple to make! You can have this cake in the oven in under 15 minutes.
- This cake is so moist which can be hard to come by with gluten free cakes.
- The chocolate ganache on top of this cake is so silky and smooth.
- This recipe is naturally dairy free, gluten free, soy free, grain free and paleo friendly.
- I make this cake every year on my birthday and top it off with my favorite Homemade Raspberry Jam.
- You can make this cake in advance and freeze it which means it is a great option for the nights you have company but do not want to spend all night in the kitchen!
- Almond flour-One of my go to’s when I am baking gluten free! Do not swap this out as not all flours are created equally so be sure to stick with almond flour. I like the Costco brand.
- Tapioca flour-This holds everything together. Think of tapioca flour as the cornstarch of paleo cooking. It is a binder!
- Coconut flour-I love adding this to the blend.
- Coconut sugar-To sweeten.
- Cacao powder-This is what gives this chocolate cake its flavor! Be sure to get the unsweetened kind.
- Baking soda-To help the cake rise.
- Sea salt-To add a nice touch.
- Eggs-To bind everything together.
- Almond milk & water-To keep this cake nice and moist! You can substitute it with coconut milk.
- Coconut oil-This helps with keeping the cake nice and moist.
- Apple cider vinegar-This helps this cake bake! It herpes the baking soda with its rising properties.
- Vanilla -To taste.
Optional Dairy Free Chocolate Ganache
- Dairy free milk-I like almond milk.
- Dairy free chocolate chips-I love the Hu brand.
See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
Substitutions And Variations
- Tapioca flour-You can also use arrowroot powder in place of tapioca flour.
- Coconut oil-You can also use olive oil.
- Dairy free milk-Any kind of dairy free milk will work although, almond milk is my favorite!
This recipe has not been tested with any other substitutions or variations. If you try something else out please let me know how it turns out in the comments below!
Step By Step Instructions
- I love using silicone molds, they are super easy to clean and I find that things are less likely to stick. I get my mini bundt cake molds from Amazon or Walmart.
- Large mixing bowl.
- Tip #1: To ensure the cake is cooked all the way through, you can stick a fork in. If the fork comes out clean, the cake is done!
- Tip #2: Allow the cake to completely cool prior to adding the chocolate sauce.
You can follow the same instructions and make these into cupcakes.
You can spray the molds with avocado oil prior to using.
I love drizzling the jam on top!
- You can store this recipe in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- To ensure freshness, be sure to store the cupcakes in an air tight container.
Other Dairy Free Chocolate Dessert Recipes
be sure to download my go to guide with all of my favorite healthy swaps!
Mini Chocolate Gluten Free Bundt Cakes
- mini bundt silicone pans
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 cups coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 cups cacao powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup coocnut oil melted
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
For the dairy free chocolate ganache: (optional)
- 3 cups dairy free chocolate I like enjoy life brand
- 1 1/2 cups dairy free milk
- cooking spray oil I like avocado oil spray
- Preheat the oven to 350. Combine all of the wet ingredients into one bowl and all of the dry ingredients in a separate bowl and mix. Then, combine the two and mix throughout. Now, spray the mini bundt pans with cooking oil spray and divide up the batter evenly. Bake for 30 minutes or until you can poke with a fork and it comes out clear. Allow the cakes to cool for a half hour prior to removing from a pan. While the cakes are cooling make the chocolate ganache. Place the chocolate chips and milk in the microwave for 30 seconds, then whisk and place in the microwave again for 30 seconds. Whisk again and place them in the microwave for another 30 seconds. At this point the chocolate should be nice and smooth. Pour the chocolate over the mini bundt cakes and serve.