Calling all chocolate lovers! There is nothing quite like a warm, gooey, fudgy brownie. I’ve finally found the homemade Best Gluten & Dairy Free Brownies and I’m so excited to share it with you. This is my go to dessert and it is something the whole family will love. This recipe only is quick, easy and makes for a healthy alternative to regular brownies! It only takes 10 minutes to make and you can have warm brownies on the table in under one hour.
Growing up boxed brownies were my favorite, but they always left me feeling so sick. When I found out I had celiac disease and a dairy intolerance everything started to make sense but I often wondered if I would be able to enjoy any of my favorite foods again. The truth is you can still enjoy all of the goodies when eating gluten and dairy free, you just have to tweak things a bit! This recipe tastes just like one of my favorite childhood treats, yet this modified version leaves me feeling good!
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- My homemade gluten free brownies only require 6 simple ingredients that you likely will already have in your panty!
- This recipe only requires 10 minutes of hands on time.
- My homemade brownies have the crackly top that everyone loves!
- You can have these warm homemade brownies on your table within 1 hour.
- This recipe is naturally gluten free, grain free, dairy free, soy free, refined sugar free and paleo.
- You can prepare this recipe in advance and pop it right in the oven when you are ready for your warm brownies!
- This recipe was highly requested from my meal prep clients. If you live local to Pittsburgh you have to check out my paleo meal prep company. You can order these brownies and get them delivered straight right to your door.
- Coconut oil- This is a great fat substitute in paleo baking. This helps the top become crackly.
- Dairy free chocolate-Any kind of dairy free chocolate chips will work. My favorite brand is Hu but Enjoy Life also works too!
- Eggs-To bind all of the ingredients together.
- Coconut sugar-To sweeten the brownies.
- Almond flour-The base of this recipe. Almond flour is my go to flour with gluten free baking. I like buying it from Costco.
- Sea salt-To taste.
Substitutions & Variations
- You can use maple sugar in place of coconut sugar. If you are not strictly refined sugar free you can use cane sugar.
This recipe has not been tested with other substitutions or variations. If you replace or add any ingredients, please let us know how it turned out in the comments below!
- 8 by 8 casserole dish or something comparable. I love this casserole baking set with the pretty wooden top. If you need to use a different size, keep in mind it will effect how the brownies bake. If you use a bigger pan, the brownies will not need to cook as long because they will not be as thick. If you use a smaller dish, the brownies will be thicker. I do not suggest using a smaller pan. If anything, use a bigger pan and make your brownies thinner!
- Mixing bowls. This glass mixing bowl nesting set is my favorite.
Expert Tips & Tricks
- Tip 1: Whisk the eggs and sugar for at least 1 minute to help with the texture of the brownies.
- Tip 2: Be sure to spray the casserole dish with cooking spray oil prior to adding the batter.
The best way to tell if the brownies are done is by sticking a toothpick inside them and if it comes out clean they are done.
Be sure to line your baking dish with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray oil.
You can reheat them in the microwave for 30 seconds or in the oven for 5-10 minutes at 350 degrees F.
Yes! If you are like me and have food intolerances and always have an uneasy stomach, olive oil may be better for you over coconut oil. If you decide you would prefer olive oil, you can substitute it 1:1.
- You can store this recipe in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- I suggest storing this dessert in the fridge, however, take the brownies out one hour prior to eating. Because this recipe has a fudge like layer it will get hard in the fridge, this is why it is best to set out the brownies prior to eating.
Other Dairy Free Dessert Recipes You Will Love
Download My FREE Guide
Want a free copy of my anti-inflammatory food guide? Download it below!
Gluten and Dairy Free Brownies
- 8×8 baking dish or something comparable
- Large mixing bowl
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- 1 ¼ cup dairy free chocolate chips I like Hu or enjoy life chocolate chips.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup blanched almond flour I like the Costco brand.
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Over the stove top, melt coconut oil and chocolate chips, on low heat. Stir frequently to avoid burning. Stir until chocolate is smooth and set aside.
- Add the eggs and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Whisk continuously for at least 1 minute. Fold in the almond flour and salt. Pour in the melted chocolate and stir to combine.
- Spray an 8×8 baking dish with nonstick spray and pour the batter into the pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving
These brownies are INSANE! Thank you!
Allianna Moximchalk says
You are so welcome!