These chocolate marshmallow paleo cookies are the perfect weekend treat! The marshmallow in combination with the chocolate makes for the most amazing treat! The ganache on the top is the icing on the cake, because let’s be real. Who wouldn’t want more chocolate?
Chocolate Chip Cookies have always been a staple in my freezer. I like to batch cook them so I always have some handy during times of need, you never know when you need cookies. Right? The other day I was experimenting using the stuff I had in my pantry and I thought OMG add marshmallows, so I did and BAM! These cookies were born.
When it comes to choosing dairy free chocolate, I do not take this job lightly! I have found a lot of the alternatives out there pack their chocolate with other ingredients that do not sit right in my stomach. I like Enjoy Life’s brand because it has never given me stomach issues. As far as the dairy free marshmallows, I have tested many brands and these by far are my favorite!
Keywords: dairy free chocolate, dairy free cookies, gluten free cookies, paleo cookies, dairy free baking
If you like this recipe you will love:
Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies
Extra chocolate on top
- 1 cup dairy free chocolate
- 1/3 cup coconut milk or any other kind of nut milk
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix together until cookie dough is well mixed and forms.
- Get out a cookie sheet, I like to line my cookie sheets with a silicone cookie sheet liner. This makes cleaning up so much easier!
- Using 1 ½ inch cookie scooper, scoop the dough into 7 cookies leaving enough room in between. *Note you can use a smaller scooper, nut this will make more cookies and not take nearly as long to bake*
- Bake the cookies for 18 minutes.
- Let the cookies sit on the baking sheet to cool for 10 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
OPTIONAL: make the ganache sauce while the cookies are baking.
- Add the milk to a small saucepan on medium high heat.
- Once the milk is boiling, add the chocolate and immediately turn down to low (do not skip this step or you will burn the chocolate) and continuously whisk until a chocolate sauce forms.
- Once the sauce forms, divide the sauce amongst the 7 cookies.
- If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean so much to me if you tagged me on instagram @alliannaschneider, shared this link with a friend or leave a comment below!