These Chocolate Covered Oranges are seriously to die for! They are the perfect combination of sweet, salty, and tart. The silky chocolate combined with the sea salt and citrus oranges is quite delicious.
What Makes These Chocolate Covered Oranges So Good?
- First off, if you have never experienced a sweet and tart dessert, you will want to try this one! This combination is like no other.
- Secondly, this dessert is super easy and quick. It only takes minutes to make.
Chocolate Covered Oranges Ingredients-
- Clementines-I like using mini oranges (clementines) for this dessert because they are more bite sized! Make sure they are peeled.
- Chocolate chips-I tend to stay away from dairy so I prefer dairy free chocolate chips but any kind of milk chocolate chips work. My go to brand is Enjoy Life. They are naturally dairy free, soy free, and allergy friendly!
- Sea salt-I love the combination of sweet and salty! This adds such a nice touch.
How To Make Chocolate Covered Oranges-
- First, add a piece of wax paper to your baking sheet.
- Next, place the chocolate in a microwave friendly bowl in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Now, whisk the chocolate for 30 seconds. Repeat the microwave and whisking in between for a total of 3 times. Be sure to whisk in between or your chocolate will burn!
- Once the chocolate is silky, dip the oranges into the chocolate halfway and then lay on the baking sheet.
- Spike with sea salt on top and place in the fridge until ready to serve.
Can I Make These Into Dark Chocolate Orange Slices?
- Yes! Absolutely! Dark chocolate would be just as delicious.
Can I Make These In Advance?
- Yes! You can make these ahead of your event and place them in the fridge. Do you put them in the freezer as the oranges would not hold up well.
How Should I Store These?
- If you plan on eating them in a few days I would store them in a glass container that is sealed air tight!
How Long Do They Last?
- These citrus chocolate desserts last for up until 5 days in the fridge.
If you like this recipe, you will LOVE:
If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.xoxo-Allianna
Join my online community for FREE and get a weekly newsletter from me.
Chocolate Covered Oranges
- Sheet pan
- microwave friendly bowl
- 1 cup chocolate I like Enjoy Life dairy free chocolate
- 2 clementines peeled and pulled apart
- sea salt OPTIONAL-to sprinkle
- Place a piece of water paper on a baking sheet. Place the chocolate in the microwave in a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds. Then whisk after 30 seconds. Do this again 3 times. You must whisk in between so that the chocolate does not burn. Once the chocolate is done, dip the clementines in the chocolate and place on a sheet pan. Sprinkle with optional sea salt. If you are not serving right away place in the fridge to allow the oranges to set. If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.xoxo-Allianna