This shredded lemon dill salmon salad is one of my most requested items from my weekly private chef clients. The combination of the lemon and dill with the crunchy almonds and onions is oh so delicious. This recipe only requires 10 minutes of hands on time and makes for the most perfect light lunch or dinner. This shredded salmon salad is naturally Whole30, paleo, and keto friendly. It can be made AIP friendly without the almonds.
This recipe was originally published on March 10th 2020 and updated on December 27th 2020 to better user experience.
How To Make Shredded Lemon Dill Salmon Salad?
- Salmon-I only use wild caught. I don’t think the farm raised salmon tastes good and it does lack some of the nutritional value. It is okay to use the pre-frozen salmon. Just be sure that you thaw it well before cooking.
- Dill & Oregano-The spices are what makes this recipe! If you are doing AIP and are in the elimination phase, be sure to avoid the dill. You will want to add extra oregano to replace the dill for this recipe.
- Sea salt-A little bit of salt goes a long way. Do not skip!
- Red onion-The red onion adds a nice crunch to this recipe. Be sure you chop up the onion real finely.
- Almond slivers-With the red onion crunch the almond slivers add a nice crunch. If you are doing AIP and are in the elimination phase, be sure to omit the almonds.
- Capers-Capers add even more texture to this recipe and oh my they are so good. Do not skip!
- Lemon-Every recipe needs some sort of acid and lemon gives it just that.
- EVOO-Olive oil is my go to oil when it comes to paleo cooking. However, you can substitute for avocado oil if you would prefer.
How Do I Make This Shredded Lemon Dill Salmon Salad?
- First, Preheat the oven to 350. Next, lay down the salmon with the skin side down and drizzle with EVOO. Bake for 20 minutes. Most people like their salmon well done, the 20 minutes is well done.
- Note, if you like your salmon really well done, cook it for 23 minutes. If you like it less well done, cook it for 18.
- Lastly, once the salmon is done, remove the skin. Shred the salmon using 2 forks and mix in all other ingredients.
- Pro tip-You can also use frozen salmon for this recipe. I have a whole blog post talking about Frozen Salmon In The Air Fryer. The nice thing about this recipe is you do not need to wait for it to thaw!
What Should I Serve This with?
- We love to eat this salmon salad over mixed greens or paired with my lemon dill green beans.
How Long Will This Dish Last?
- I like to only keep salmon in the fridge for 3-4 days.
If you like this salmon recipe, you will also LOVE:
Lemon Dill Salmon Salad (Whole30, Paleo, AIP)
- baking sheet
- Preheat the oven to 350. Lay the salmon out on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil (approx 1 tbsp.) Cook the salmon for 20 minutes for well done. Once the salmon is cooked, shred the salmon with a fork and remove the skin.
- Mix the salmon with all other ingredients. I like to prep this recipe in advance and serve cold with greens. ENJOY!