This Whole30 and Paleo fall harvest sweet potato, brussels sprout, bacon sheet pan breakfast is the perfect sweet yet savory breakfast to tide you over until lunch! The added bacon gives this nutrient dense breakfast even more flavor!
The sheet pan breakfast ingredients:
The Bacon- If you do not already have a set of kitchen scissors, I highly recommend getting a set! They make cooking so much easier. I used them to trim up the bacon without getting raw meat everywhere.
Brussel sprouts-They give this dish a nutty yet savory flavor that compliments the sweet potatoes so nicely. Make sure you cut them into 4’s so they cook evenly.
Sweet potatoes-Make this dish a combination of sweet and savory. You can sub the sweet potatoes for yams.
Bacon- I cannot reiterate enough how much I love Butcher Box Bacon. It is delicious and is far the best tasting bacon I have tasted! As the bacon cooks, the grease rubs off on the veggies giving this dish even more flavor.
The pure maple syrup- This is an option. You should leave this out if you are doing the Whole30, but if you want added flavor, add it in!
Eggs- If you would like more protein you can add as many eggs as you would like! I found that one egg per person is the sweet spot for my family and I.
How To Cook Sheet Pan Breakfasts:
It is important that you flip the dish halfway throughout the 40 minutes to allow the vegetables to cook evenly.
Keywords: whole30 recipes breakfast, whole30 breakfast, paleo breakfast, sheet pan breakfast, easy paleo meal, low carb breakfast
If you like this recipe, you will LOVE:
Sweet Potato, Brussels Sprout, Bacon Breakfast Sheet Pan
- baking sheet
- mixing bowls
- measuring spoons
- cutting board
- kitchen knives
- 1 whole large sweet potato
- 16 oz brussels Sprouts
- 16 oz bacon I love
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp everything bagel seasoning I like Trader Joe's Brand.
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup (OPTIONAL, OMIT FOR WHOLE30)
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Rinse and trim the brussels sprouts. Cut into quarters, adding them to the baking sheet when finished.
- Cut the ends off the sweet potato and chop into 1/2 inch cubes. Add these to the baking sheet with the brussels sprouts.
- Over the pan, cut the bacon into 1/2 inch pieces using kitchen scissors. If you do not have kitchen scissors, use a knife to chop the bacon.
- Once the bacon is added, drizzle the olive oil, herbs, and salt over the vegetables and the bacon. Mix together with your hands.
- Bake for 20 minutes, mixing the ingredients around, and place back in the oven for another 20 minutes.
- After 40 minutes of bake time, pull the sheet pan out of the oven. Crack three eggs over the vegetables and bacon. Place back into the oven for 3-5 more minutes (longer if you like your eggs really well done)
- To finish, sprinkle everything bagel seasoning on the eggs and vegetables.
- ENJOY! If you make this recipe I would love it if you shared the link to this recipe with a friend, left a comment below or tagged me on instagram with a picture @alliannaschneider