This nut free tigernut butter is a great peanut butter alternative for those with nut allergies or that are doing the autoimmune protocol (AIP). This tigernut butter is creamy, sweet and a bit salty. You can have this nut free snack on the table within 5 minutes!
AIP tigernut butter ingredients:
- Tigernut flour-I love this brand! tigernut flour is expensive in comparison to other flours, however it is a lot cheaper than buying store bought tigernut butter.
- Avocado oil-My go to oil of choice for making this. You can use olive oil, however it may change the flavor profile a bit.
- Maple syrup-To help bind everything together and add some sweetness. You can substitute for coconut sugar.
- Sea salt-To complement the sweetness.
How to make:
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth!
- You may need to scrape down the sides to get all of the flour mixed in.
What should I serve this with?
- You can use this as a peanut butter nut free alternative in almost anything. I like to eat it with celery or apples too! This makes for a great AIP appetizer or snack.
What is tigernut flour?
- Tigernuts flour is made from a root vegetable. It is higher in carbs and lower in protein in comparison to regular nut butters. Tigernut balls can also be made into milk, desserts, and granolas. Despite having nut in the name, tigernuts are nut free which makes them great for those with nut allergies or on the autoimmune protocol.
If you like this AIP snack, you will LOVE:
If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.
Join my online community for FREE and get a weekly newsletter from me.
- Food processor or blender
- 1 cup tigernut flour
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
- 1/4 cupe maple syrup Make sure it is the pure stuff!
- pinch of salt
- Place all ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth. Scrape down the sides to make sure everything is mixed in. This will take approx 1 minute of blending. If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.