I have tried a ton of gluten free and Vegan Garlic Bread Recipes before and this one is by far the BEST! This recipe takes only 5 minutes to prep and 15 minutes in the oven. The roasted garlic combined with the fresh herbs and EVOO makes this garlic bread oh so crispy. We always have an extra loaf of bread on hand to make this with our favorite weeknight dinners. Why buy vegan garlic bread at the supermarket if you can make it in minutes at home and it tastes even better?
What Makes This Vegan Garlic Bread Recipe So Good?
- First off, it is super simple to make!
- Secondly, it is so crispy and takes minutes to make.
- Lastly, you have multiple dairy free options to choose from to make this vegan garlic bread taste oh so cheesy!
- Gluten free bread-You can also substitute regular bread, but you know with celiac disease, we don’t eat gluten in this house! Any brand will work but my favorites are: Trader Joe’s Gluten Free Bread, Udi’s, and Carbonaut. Whole Foods carried the gluten free Carbonaut and Udi’s bread and obviously, the Trader Joe’s bread is from Trader Joe’s!
- Fresh garlic-You can use garlic powder but in my option fresh is so much better!
- Sea salt-To taste.
- Fresh parsley-For flavor. Fresh basil will also work. Or dry herbs will work too!
- Dairy free butter-Any kind will work! You can also use olive oil or avocado oil.
Optional dairy free “cheesy” additions-
- Nutritional yeast-I am obsessed with nutritional yeast. It gives dishes a cheesy like flavor without adding any real cheese. Sprinkle it on top of the bread.
- Dairy free parmesan cheese-I was hesitant to put this as an option because I have only found one dairy free parmesan cheese brand that I love and that is the Whole Foods 365 brand. Their dairy free parm cheese is so good, it tastes just like the real stuff!
How To Make Vegan Garlic Bread From Scratch:
- First, preheat the oven to 400.
- Then. lay out the pieces of bread on a baking sheet.
- Now, melt your vegan butter if it is not already melted. If you are just using plain oil, skip this step.
- Add the sea salt, herbs, and minced garlic to the bowl of the oil or “butter” and mix.
- Now, use a spoon or cooking brush and brush on the oil or butter mixture on the one side of the bread. You can brush it generously! If you have any remaining oil/ butter, pour it on the bread.
- Now bake the bread for 20-25 minutes depending on how crispy you like your gluten free garlic bread to be.
How Can I Make Vegan Cheesy Garlic Bread Dairy Free?
- Add nutritional yeast or a dairy free parmesan cheese!
Can I Make Vegan Garlic Bread Without Butter?
- Absolutely! You can substitute the vegan butter with olive or avocado oil.
Is Ghee Dairy Free?
- Ghee is not vegan, however some who are strictly dairy free but still eat animal products sometimes eat ghee. The milk proteins are removed from ghee which is why it tends to be a safer alternative fo those with a dairy sensitivity. If you want to make your own ghee, check out this blog post HERE.
How Can I Reheat Garlic Bread?
- I suggest wrapping any leftovers in foil and placing it in the fridge. You can reheat the garlic bread in the oven the next day or in the microwave. Just be sure to take it out of the foil prior to microwaving!
What Should I Serve With Gluten Free Garlic Bread?
I love any sort of pasta dish with garlic bread. A few of my favorites are:
If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.xoxo-Allianna
Vegan Garlic Bread
- baking sheet
- 6 slices gluten free bread
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup dairy free butter or olive oil. See notes above about ghee
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
OPTIONAL FOR CHEESY BREAD:
- 1 tbsp Nutritional yest
- 1/4 cup dairy free Parmesan cheesy I love the 365 brand!
- Preheat the oven to 400. Line the bread on a baking sheet. Melt the dairy free butter (skip if using oil.) Add the minced garlic, fresh parsley and sea salt (and optional nutritional yeast or dairy free parm) to a bowl with the butter in it and mix. Now, using a spoon or a cooking brush-brush the oil/ or dairy free butter mixture on top of the bread. Bake for 20-25 minutes depending on how crispy you like the bread. If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.xoxo-Allianna