This shrimp fried cauliflower rice dish tastes just like Chinese take out yet it is made with cauliflower instead of brown rice. This recipe is super simple and kid friendly. The fresh ginger combined with the green onions makes this dish oh so delicious. This recipe is naturally paleo, Whole30 and keto friendly. It can also be made AIP friendly with just a few modifications.
What Do I Need To Make Shrimp Fried Cauliflower Rice?
- Shrimp-I always buy wild caught and get it from Butcher Box. They ship you a monthly custom order of all grass fed and wild caught proteins. I always keep a stash in my freezer. If you use my link HERE, you can get $30 off.
- Sesame oil-This is what will give this dish a similar flavor to Chinese take out. If you are doing AIP, you can use avocado oil.
- Frozen peas-Adds even more veggies! Omit for AIP.
- Garlic & ginger-Adds so much flavor, do not skip out on this!
- Eggs-This adds even more texture and flavor.
- Cauliflower rice-I love cauliflower rice. I have found that a lot of the time people do not even realize it is cauliflower vs. regular rice yet it is so much better for you! You can use brown rice if you do not have a dietary restriction against it.
- Green onions-Add so much flavor and the most perfect crunch.
- Coconut aminos-My go to soy sauce alternative for paleo cooking!
- Salt & pepper to taste-Omit pepper for AIP.
How To Make This Shrimp Fried Cauliflower Rice:
- First thing is first, be sure to thaw out the shrimp. I like to put my seafood in the fridge overnight to naturally thaw.
- Next, you will want to make the cauliflower rice with 1 tsp of avocado oil.
- Now it is time to make the shrimp. Add 2 tbsp of the sesame oil (or avocado oil if you are doing AIP) to the pan then add the shrimp. Cook for 2 minutes, then flip and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Zest the ginger with a zesting plane. I like this one. See picture below for the one I have.
- Now set the shrimp aside on a plate. Add the remaining sesame oil and add the frozen peas, ginger, and garlic. Skip the peas if you are doing AIP. Cook until peas are cooked and ginger is fragrant (about 5 minutes.
- Now, move the peas and garlic to the side of the pan and add whisked egg. Cook until the eggs are done (about 2 minutes.) Again, skip this step if you are doing AIP.
- Now add the cauliflower rice and shrimp to the pan with the coconut aminos, Cook and mix for 2 minutes.
- Serve with green onions and red pepper flakes (omit for AIP.)
How Long Does This Recipe Last In The Fridge?
- You can store this recipe in the fridge for up to 4 days.
How Can I Reheat This Recipe?
- I suggest reheating it on the stovetop with a tiny bit of oil. You can also microwave it for 30 seconds.
If you like this recipe, you will LOVE:
Shrimp Fried Cauliflower Rice
- 2 non stick frying pans
- ginger grater
- 4 tbsp sesame oil divided, USE AVOCADO OIL FOR AIP
- 1 pound shrimp I like Butcher Box. Use my code for $30 off your first order. Make sure the shrimp is thawed.
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3 whole eggs whisked, SKIP FOR AIP
- 2 cups cauliflower rice roughly 1 frozen bag
- 4 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper OMIT FOR AIP
- 1 cup frozen peas SKIP FOR AIP
- 3 tbsp ground ginger
- 1/4 cup fresh green onions cut the dark green side
- Make the cauliflower rice with 1 tbsp of sesame oil on low to medium heat to a non-stick skillet. Now, add 2 tbsp of oil to another non stick pan on medium heat and add the shrimp. Cook for 2 minutes, then flip and cook for an additional 2 more minutes. After a total of 4 minutes is up, place the shrimp on a plate and set aside.
- Using the pan the shrimp was in, add the remaining 1 tbsp of sesame oil on medium heat and add the ginger, garlic, peas, salt, and pepper (omit pepper and peas for AIP.) Saute until fragrant or until peas are cooked, about 5 minutes. Now push the peas to one side of the frying pan and add the whisked eggs to the other side cook until eggs are done (skip the eggs for AIP.)
- Add the cauliflower rice and shrimp to the pan with the peas and eggs. Add in the coconut aminos and mix for on medium heat for 3 minutes. Garnish with green onions and red pepper (omit for AIP.)