This Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread is a decadent fall bread that makes the perfect dessert or snack! Only involving 15 minutes of hands-on time, you can have a warm loaf on the table in under 2 hours. This homemade grain free pumpkin bread is moist and full of flavor. We love batch making a bunch of loaves in advance to freeze and eating them all throughout fall.
What Makes This Recipe So Good?
- This recipe is so simple to whip together, it only requires 15 minutes of hands on time.
- This bread is lower carb in comparison to other gluten free flour breads since the main flour here is almond flour.
- You can batch make this recipe and freeze it so you can eat it all throughout fall.
- Pumpkin and chocolate is one of my favorite combinations for the fall.
- I have other pumpkin recipes on my website to satisfy all of your fall baking desires!
- This recipe is naturally gluten free, grain free, dairy free, paleo, soy free, and refined sugar free.
- If you are in the Pittsburgh area, we feature different seasonal treats on my weekly meal prep menu. They are delivered right to your door.
- Almond flour- Make sure to use blanched almond flour. Blanched almond flour means that the skin was removed from the almond. This creates a nice texture for baking. I like to get mine in a big bag from Costco.
- Baking soda– To help the bread rise.
- Ground cinnamon, ground cloves & ground nutmeg- The best combination of fall spices. Seriously, this bread just TASTES like fall.
- Eggs– Bind everything together.
- Canned pumpkin- The best thing to make pumpkin desserts. I like to get mine from Whole Foods. Make sure you buy canned pumpkin puree rather than pumpkin pie filling. They are very different.
- Pure maple syrup– Costco’s Kirkland brand is the best. No crazy additives!
- Vanilla extract & salt- Enhances all the flavors.
- Chocolate chips- Pumpkin and chocolate is one of my favorite combinations for fall. I like the enjoy life chocolate chip brand but you can use any kind you would like. My top two favorite dairy free chocolate brands are enjoy life and hu brand.
How To Make
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, canned pumpkin, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, then pour in the wet ingredients. Gently stir until fully combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- If using a metal bread mold, line with parchment paper and spray with nonstick spray. If using a silicone mold, you can skip the parchment paper and simply spray. Scrap mixture into bread mold and smooth the top.
- Bake for 42-48 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for at least 30 minutes before removing from the bread mold.
How Should I Store Leftovers?
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 1 week. It tastes even better the second day- once the flavors have fully combined and settled! This bread can also be tightly wrapped and frozen for up to 4 months.
Can I Skip The Chocolate Chips?
- Of course, if you are looking for a simple, plain paleo pumpkin bread, leave out the chocolate chips. Follow the instructions as usual, minus the chocolate.
Can I Freeze Pumpkin Bread?
- Yes! Absolutely! The key is allowing the bread to fully cool prior to freezing. Once the bread is cool, wrap it in cling wrap.
What Is Your Go To Pan For This Recipe?
- I love using a silicone bread pan! It allows the bread to pop out smoothly and allows for easy clean up.
- I highly recommend investing in a silicone bread mold. Be sure to apply cooking oil spray, and the bread will slide right out, completely mess free!
- Be sure to fold in your ingredients instead of over mixing them, this will prevent the dough from being over worked.
If you like this recipe, you will LOVE
- Paleo Pumpkin Bundt Cake with Dairy Free Chocolate Ganache
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Cookies
- Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal Bars
- Paleo Pumpkin Cheesecake Jars
- Pumpkin Spice Smoothie
If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.xoxo-Allianna
Join my online community for FREE and get a weekly newsletter from me.
Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread
- loaf pan I prefer a silicone one
- Large mixing bowl
- 1.5 cups blanched almond flour NOT course
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- cooking spray oil I prefer avocado oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8 by 4 bread loaf pan with cooking spray oil (I like avocado oil.)
- In a big bowl mix together all of the dry ingredients, in a separate bowl mix together all of the wet ingredients. Then, mix the two together.
- Now place the the batter in the bread loaf pan. Bake for 45 minutes or until you can stick a toothpick in and it comes out clean. Allow the bread to sit for 30 minutes before moving.