If you like this recipe, you will LOVE my other salad recipes on my blog:
- Kale Blueberry Salad With Pecan Cheese
- Fig Blackberry Salad
- Chickpea Kale Salad
- Strawberry Poppyseed Salad
Join my online community for FREE and get a weekly newsletter from me.
Steak Taco Salad
For the salad:
- 1 pound of shaved strip steak you will more than likely have to ask the butcher to shave it for you. If they cannot shave it, you can cut it up into bite size pieces
- 1 large sweet potato
- 6 cups of romaine lettuce chopped
- 1 red onion
- 1 green or yellow pepper
- 1 roma tomato chopped
For the spices:
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- A pinch of salt
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
For the dressing:
- 1 cup avocado mayo
- 1 handful of tightly packed cilantro washed
- 2 jalapeños washed, sliced, and seeds removed
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- Dice up the sweet potato evenly (the smaller the pieces the faster it will cook)
- Mix the sweet potato with one teaspoon of EVOO and a pinch of salt.
- Place the sweet potato in the oven for 18 minutes.
- While the sweet potato cooks, add the steak to a bowl with the spices. Mix the meat with the spices evenly.
- Cut the pepper and onion lengthwise, about ¼ inch thick.
- Add one teaspoon of EVOO to a nonstick pan and turn up to medium- high heat.
- Add the peppers and onion to the pan for 5 minutes. Move the veggies to the side of the pan and add 2 teaspoons of oil to the side without the veggies. Now add the steak.
- Cook the steak for 3-4 minutes on each side, while continuously stirring. Once the meat is no longer pink remove from heat.
- For the dressing, place all ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- Now, assemble your salad and enjoy!
- Note, you can store any extra salad dressing in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks in the fridge.
- Tag me on instagram @alliannaschneider with your meals. I would love to see.